2013 Monza World Superbike Saturday Roundup: Theft And Mothers Day
Rain topped and tailed the day, hopefully squeezing the last drops out before the races tomorrow so that Monza can enjoy a very Italian mother's day. One lucky mother will be getting a set of Jules Cluzel leathers, stolen from his trailer, unless they're recovered before tomorrow. Another mother hoping to be lucky is Mrs Lowes, mother of Alex and Sam, who saw Alex Lowes win a BSB race on Monday and Sam Lowes win last Superbike race at Assen.
Sam Lowes will be starting from pole position in the World Supersport, in spite of the rain that was falling when he set his pole position time as the flag dropped. With Kenan Sofuoglu on the front row with him, he won't have an easy Sunday.
The front row for both World Superbike races is, as predicted, shared between the Aprilias and Tom Sykes's Kawasaki. Eugene Laverty was the faster of the two Aprilias in second place, behind Sykes but ahead of his team mate Sylvain Guintoli. On this fast track, those three riders should be able to dominate the race, but Jonathan Rea on the Honda is surprisingly quick, even if he is giving up 10kmh down the straights. If he can latch onto the more powerful bikes, he could benefit from the draft.
The draft is very important at Monza as there are two long straights with a sweeping right hander, the Parabolica, connecting them. This corner, and the exit to this corner, is where races have been won and lost.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
baden1 hour 15 min ago
NWslopoke2 hours 21 min ago
JanBros5 hours 24 min ago
Champ8 hours 1 min ago
sandstream8 hours 12 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Aleix Espargaró (Suzuki): Es geht besser als erwartet
- Pol Espargaró: «Freue mich auf eine andere Piste»
- Warum sich Scott Redding über Karel Abraham ärgert
- Bradley Smith (Rang 6): «Habe einen klaren Kopf»
- MotoGP 2015 im Pay-TV: Das Grauen hat uns erreicht
- Gigi Dall'Igna: «Jetzt läuft es bei Ducati anders»
- Stefan Bradl und das Geheimnis der perfekten Runde
- MotoGP-Aprilia: Ist genug Wissen vorhanden?
- Davide Brivio (Suzuki): «Es fehlt an Top-Speed»
- Loris Baz (Forward): Gute Tipps von Cal Crutchlow
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: