Tom Sykes is back to his dominant qualifying form, taking the fastest time from Eugene Laverty who also improved on his time from yesterday. Jonathan Rea filled the provisional front row, showing maybe the bike improvements promised for Aragon were forthcoming. Rea's teammate Leon Haslam was unable to record a good time as he crashed very early on in the morning's session, damaging his bike to a point it won't be ready until free practice.
Chaz Davies continued to out-qualify his teammate Marco Melandri, improving on his previous time by half a second while Melandri made very little improvement. Sylvain Guintoli was surprisingly the third quickest Aprilia as Davide Giugliano was able to find over a second to chop off yesterday's time.
Back with the Ducatis, Checa was 13th fastest but the biggest improvement was Aitchison improving by a second and a half, climbing up to second from the bottom on his Effenbert 1098R.
Aragon - FIM Superbike World Championship - Qualifying 2
1. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'57.785
2. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'58.029
3. Jonathan Rea (Pata Honda World Superbike) Honda CBR1000RR 1'58.090
4. Chaz Davies (BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK) BMW S1000 RR 1'58.117
5. Davide Giugliano (Althea Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'58.330
6. Sylvain Guintoli (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'58.426
7. Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK) BMW S1000 RR 1'58.925
8. Loris Baz (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'58.996
9. Leon Camier (Fixi Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'59.379
10. Jules Cluzel (Fixi Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'59.414
11. Michel Fabrizio (Red Devils Roma) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'59.471
12. Leon Haslam (Pata Honda World Superbike) Honda CBR1000RR 1'59.599
13. Carlos Checa (Team Ducati Alstare) Ducati 1199 Panigale R 1'59.647
14. Ayrton Badovini (Team Ducati Alstare) Ducati 1199 Panigale R 2'00.174
15. Max Neukirchner (MR-Racing) Ducati 1199 Panigale R 2'00.370
16. Alexander Lundh (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 2'00.511
17. Federico Sandi (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 2'00.979
18. Ivan Clementi (HTM Racing) BMW S1000 RR 2'02.140
19. Mark Aitchison (Team Effenbert Liberty Racing) Ducati 1098R 2'02.554
20. Vittorio Iannuzzo (Grillini Dentalmatic SBK) BMW S1000 RR 2'03.201