KTM Press Release: Ajo Confirmed As KTM Factory Moto3 Team
KTM and Aki Ajo have finalized their agreement for Ajo to run the factory Red Bull KTM Moto3 team. KTM issued the following press release announcing the deal:
KTM and Aki Ajo officially seal the Moto3 deal for 2013
KTM is delighted to have finalized the arrangements for Aki Ajo to continue to manage the Red Bull KTM Ajo Moto3 Factory Team through 2013, Pit Beirer Head of KTM Motorsports has reported. Aki signed on the dotted line at KTM headquarters, confirming the already agreed verbal commitment from both sides.
“Aki did a fantastic job with the factory team in our first year back in MotoGP competition in the new Moto3 category. He pushed us hard to reach a very high level. He asked the right questions and wanted the right materials. We developed the bike in record time and the results speak for themselves. That we were able to take the team to such a high level and win the Moto3 World Championship with Sandro Cortese and take the manufacturer’s title was a remarkable result.”
KTM welcomed Ajo this week at the headquarters of KTM Motorsports to formerly settle the already agreed verbal agreement. He also visited the factory and had in-depth discussions with technical staff. The team has been analyzing and testing the 2013 factory bike prototype with Spanish rider Luis Salom and already have a very fast bike with which to work, Beirer confirmed.
“Now it is up to us to refine the prototype and build and deliver excellent factory bikes to Aki’s team in a quality and reliability that will let them continue to work at the same high level that we were able to achieve in 2012,” said Beirer.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
avsatishchandra17 min 3 sec ago
Dayle881 hour 49 min ago
macrocephalic1 hour 51 min ago
Rabid_Canine2 hours 28 min ago
Motoshrink8 hours 53 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- CWM-LCR: Ein Londoner Grieche und jede Menge Knete
- Zwei VIP-Tickets für den Sachsenring gewinnen!
- MotoAmerica: Colin Edwards wird TV-Experte!
- Danilo Petrucci (Pramac): Schneller als Iannone 2014!
- Eugene Laverty: «Ganz und gar nicht zufrieden»
- Sepang: Lorenzo testete Fingerbremse für Hinterrad
- Karel Abraham: «Bin anderer Meinung als Crutchlow»
- MotoGP in Sepang: Unmenschliche Bedingungen
- Aprilia: Wird Marco Melandri abgesägt?
- Aki Ajo: Was er zu Jack Miller und Vinales sagt
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: