Russian World Superbike Round Canceled Due To Political Situation Surrounding Ukraine
The Russian round of World Superbikes, due to be held at Moscow Raceway on 21st September, has been canceled. Citing the political iinstability caused by the situation in Ukraine, Dorna announced that the round would be canceled for this year, though the intention is to continue to run the race next year and for the rest of the contract. The situation surrounding Ukraine and the Crimea has made it impossible for several companies involved in organizing the Russian race to guarantee they can be ready in time for the race in September.
The press release issued by Dorna appears below:
WSBK Russian Round cancellation
Barcelona (Spain), Saturday 12 April 2014 - DWO and YMS Promotion have decided to cancel the WSBK Russian Round which was scheduled to be held at Moscow Raceway on September 21st 2014.
The current political situation affects the capabilities of a number of key partner companies essential to run the event.
Parties regret the decision, but are confident that the strong partnership between DWO and YMS Promotion will prevail.
It is a common intention to continue with the organisation of the WSBK Russian Round in 2015 and for the remainder of the contract period up to 2021.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
edwardhill199510 hours 43 min ago
westedge12 hours 29 min ago
cycomiko12 hours 39 min ago
Machine12 hours 50 min ago
99bunny13 hours 54 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Pol Espargaró: «Ducati-Vorteile sind unfair!»
- «Hernandez ist schnell», sagt Teamchef Guidotti
- Guidotti (Pramac): «Von Danilo Petrucci überrascht!»
- Misano: Neuer Asphalt und mehr Sicherheit!
- Nieto, Espargaró & Viñales eröffnen «Catalunya Moto»
- Wayne Gardner: «Lorenzo kann Márquez schlagen»
- Auch Loris Capirossi bei «World GP Bike Legends»!
- Nicky Hayden: «Beaubier immer mit Márquez verglichen»
- Michelin-Chef: Die Schräglagen bleiben spektakulär
- Gigi Dall'Igna: «Mach den Fahrern keine Vorschriften»
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: