Russian World Superbike Round Canceled Due To Political Situation Surrounding Ukraine
The Russian round of World Superbikes, due to be held at Moscow Raceway on 21st September, has been canceled. Citing the political iinstability caused by the situation in Ukraine, Dorna announced that the round would be canceled for this year, though the intention is to continue to run the race next year and for the rest of the contract. The situation surrounding Ukraine and the Crimea has made it impossible for several companies involved in organizing the Russian race to guarantee they can be ready in time for the race in September.
The press release issued by Dorna appears below:
WSBK Russian Round cancellation
Barcelona (Spain), Saturday 12 April 2014 - DWO and YMS Promotion have decided to cancel the WSBK Russian Round which was scheduled to be held at Moscow Raceway on September 21st 2014.
The current political situation affects the capabilities of a number of key partner companies essential to run the event.
Parties regret the decision, but are confident that the strong partnership between DWO and YMS Promotion will prevail.
It is a common intention to continue with the organisation of the WSBK Russian Round in 2015 and for the remainder of the contract period up to 2021.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Motoshrink5 hours 31 min ago
Motoshrink5 hours 36 min ago
Motoshrink6 hours 5 min ago
Sebastian_M6 hours 12 min ago
robbieguy858 hours 14 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Paolo Ciabatti/Ducati: «Honda & Yamaha fast perfekt»
- Marco Melandri (Aprilia): «Hab keine schlechte Laune»
- Scott Redding (Honda): «Müssen von den Besten lernen»
- Fausto Gresini (Aprilia): «Unser Team wird beflügelt»
- Team Suzuki Ecstar in Japan vorgestellt
- Karel Abraham (Open-Honda): «Top-15 wird schwierig»
- Lin Jarvis/Yamaha: «Jorge Lorenzo ist gefechtsbereit»
- Aprilia in der MotoGP: Bald um Top-Ten-Plätze?
- Davide Brivio (Suzuki): «Müssen Open-Bikes besiegen»
- Aprilia in der MotoGP: Neues Design vorgestellt
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: