More Moto3 Signings: Isaac Viñales Signs For Team Calvo In 2014
Just hours after the announcement that Ana Carrasco had signed with the RW Racing GP team for 2014 comes confirmation that Isaac Viñales is to take the place she leaves at Team Calvo. The 20-year-old Spaniard will join Jakub Kornfeil at Team Calvo, where both men will be racing KTMs. In a wry coincidence, Viñales will be joining the team vacated by his cousin Maverick, who became 2013 Moto3 world champion with the squad.
Isaac Viñales had earlier signed a contract to race with the Go&Fun Gresini team in Moto3, alongside Niccolo Antonelli. However, as part of that deal, Viñales had been required to bring in a given quantity of financial backing. After he had failed to muster the necessary cash, Viñales had been left without a ride. In the end, the Spaniard found shelter with Team Calvo, giving him another chance in Moto3. Viñales had a solid season in 2013 riding the underpowered FTR Honda bike with Ongetta. He ended the year in 17th place in the championship, scoring a total of 47 points. His best finish in 2013 came at Valencia, where he took 7th ahead of Ana Carrasco.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
thecosman12 min 11 sec ago
David Emmett2 hours 19 min ago
Dayle882 hours 29 min ago
anteater2 hours 35 min ago
highside specialist3 hours 53 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Aleix Espargaró (Suzuki): Es geht besser als erwartet
- Pol Espargaró: «Freue mich auf eine andere Piste»
- Warum sich Scott Redding über Karel Abraham ärgert
- Bradley Smith (Rang 6): «Habe einen klaren Kopf»
- MotoGP 2015 im Pay-TV: Das Grauen hat uns erreicht
- Gigi Dall'Igna: «Jetzt läuft es bei Ducati anders»
- Stefan Bradl und das Geheimnis der perfekten Runde
- MotoGP-Aprilia: Ist genug Wissen vorhanden?
- Davide Brivio (Suzuki): «Es fehlt an Top-Speed»
- Loris Baz (Forward): Gute Tipps von Cal Crutchlow
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: