Sachsenring MotoGP Injury Update: Dani Pedrosa And Andrea Iannone Ruled Out Of Race
The Sachsenring medical center was a hive of activity this morning, with medical checks taking place on both Andrea Iannone, who dislocated his shoulder yesterday, and Dani Pedrosa, who fractured his collarbone and took a bang to the head in a massive highside on Saturday morning. The news was bad for Andrea Iannone: he was declared not fit to race, and so will be out of the German Grand Prix.
Pedrosa faced a barrage of physical tests used to determine his neurological condition, including walking in a straight line with his eyes closed, answering questions to test for confusion, and hand-eye coordination. The strength in his shoulder was also assessed, and Pedrosa passed all of the tests required. However, the Repsol Honda man still elected to sit out warm up, complaining of dizziness. When checked, his blood pressure was found to be low.
Further checks on Pedrosa showed his blood pressure remained low, making it too difficult for him to race, Pedrosa will now not be allowed to take part in the Sachsenring round of MotoGP.
With Pedrosa out for at least this race, and Jorge Lorenzo to miss both the Sachsenring and Laguna Seca, the 2013 MotoGP championship has been blown wide open again. Marc Marquez trails his teammate and championship leader Dani Pedrosa by 23 points, while Cal Crutchlow and Valentino Rossi are 49 and 51 points behind Pedrosa respectively. With those three the prime candidates to share the podium in Germany, unless local hero Stefan Bradl decides to disrupt the fun, the title race could end up being a lot closer by the time the MotoGP paddock packs up and heads to the US on Monday morning.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Roscoe19 sec ago
edwardhill199512 hours 14 min ago
westedge14 hours 1 min ago
cycomiko14 hours 10 min ago
Machine14 hours 21 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Aprilia stärkt Marco Melandri weiter den Rücken
- Pol Espargaró: «Ducati-Vorteile sind unfair!»
- «Hernandez ist schnell», sagt Teamchef Guidotti
- Guidotti (Pramac): «Von Danilo Petrucci überrascht!»
- Misano: Neuer Asphalt und mehr Sicherheit!
- Nieto, Espargaró & Viñales eröffnen «Catalunya Moto»
- Wayne Gardner: «Lorenzo kann Márquez schlagen»
- Auch Loris Capirossi bei «World GP Bike Legends»!
- Nicky Hayden: «Beaubier immer mit Márquez verglichen»
- Michelin-Chef: Die Schräglagen bleiben spektakulär
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: