Jorge Lorenzo To Return To Assen - But Will He Be Allowed To Race?
Jorge Lorenzo is to return to Assen. The Yamaha press office issued yet another press release today, announcing that the reigning world champion will fly from Barcelona to Groningen airport, just a few kilometers from Assen, at 3pm, and then return to the Assen circuit.
The press release states solely that he wishes to 'spend the remainder of the Grand Prix weekend with his team,' there is no doubt in anybody's mind that he intends to try to race on Saturday. Before he can do that, he will have to undergo a medical examination to see if his collarbone is strong enough. We will know tomorrow morning.
Lorenzo Returns to Assen Following Successful Surgery
Assen (The Netherlands), 28th June 2013
After completing successful surgery last night Jorge Lorenzo was assessed by the medical team in Barcelona this morning and declared fit to fly. As a result the World Champion has made the decision to return immediately to Assen to spend the remainder of the Grand Prix weekend with his team.
Lorenzo will leave from Barcelona at 3pm and arrive directly at Groningen airport.
Further updates will be issued in due course.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
vinsanity2 hours 14 min ago
Motoshrink9 hours 52 min ago
Motoshrink9 hours 57 min ago
Motoshrink10 hours 26 min ago
Sebastian_M10 hours 33 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Paolo Ciabatti/Ducati: «Honda & Yamaha fast perfekt»
- Marco Melandri (Aprilia): «Hab keine schlechte Laune»
- Scott Redding (Honda): «Müssen von den Besten lernen»
- Fausto Gresini (Aprilia): «Unser Team wird beflügelt»
- Team Suzuki Ecstar in Japan vorgestellt
- Karel Abraham (Open-Honda): «Top-15 wird schwierig»
- Lin Jarvis/Yamaha: «Jorge Lorenzo ist gefechtsbereit»
- Aprilia in der MotoGP: Bald um Top-Ten-Plätze?
- Davide Brivio (Suzuki): «Müssen Open-Bikes besiegen»
- Aprilia in der MotoGP: Neues Design vorgestellt
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: