WSBK News: Results Of Race Two Changed After Appeal
The last lap of the second World Superbike was frought with controversy after an overtake followed by an off-track excursion. The results of third and fourth place in the race have subsequently been reversed, following an appeal.
Sylvain Guintoli was overtaken by Tom Sykes and pushed back to fourth place as Sykes chased second-place Marco Melandri. As Sykes approached Melandri at the Variante Della Roggia, he had to run off track to avoid the Italian's rear wheel. Upon rejoining the race, Sykes returned to his place ahead of Guintoli, causing the Frenchman to slow down, ending his run for the podium.
When Guintoli arrived at Parc Fermé, he thought that he would be assured of third place assuming that Sykes had broken the rules exiting in front of him. As Sykes was awarded third place, Aprilia appealed the result and were successful in getting the third and fourth places swapped. Sylvain Guintoli then tweeted a photograph of himself standing on a plastic box with 3 scrawled on the front, holding the third place trophy.
Guintoli's lead in the championship is now extended to 16 points from Eugene Laverty and Tom Sykes is a further 8 points behind.
Update: This decision has since been reversed. Sykes has been reawarded third place.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Rabid_Canine17 hours 27 min ago
David Emmett21 hours 13 min ago
Sttrain21 hours 36 min ago
thecosman1 day 17 min ago
Rabid_Canine1 day 9 hours ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Wayne Gardner: «Lorenzo kann Márquez schlagen»
- Auch Loris Capirossi bei «World GP Bike Legends»!
- Nicky Hayden: «Beaubier immer mit Márquez verglichen»
- Michelin-Chef: Die Schräglagen bleiben spektakulär
- Gigi Dall'Igna: «Mach den Fahrern keine Vorschriften»
- MotoGP im Free-TV: Die Schweiz als Insel der Seligen
- Lucio Cecchinello (LCR): Nachhilfe für Jack Miller
- Troy Bayliss warnt Jack Miller vor zu vielen Stürzen
- Cal Crutchlow: «Die Honda ist ein Tier – wie ich»
- Gigi Dall'Igna: Wie er die neue Ducati GP15 beurteilt
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: