Brivio Plays Down Suzuki MotoGP Link
Reports yesterday linking Davide Brivio to running Suzuki's 2014 MotoGP effort appear to have been premature. Less than 24 hours after reports first emerged on Italian TV, and were later picked up by other outlets, including this one, Brivio has issued a clarification on his Twitter page.
Brivio wrote: "Suzuki contacted me for MotoGP but I'm just talking and I'm not the only one. They have not yet decided yet about 2014 but only testing 2013."
The clarification suggests that the deal to run Suzuki's MotoGP squad is far from complete. Brivio may currently be in talks with Suzuki, but other parties are also involved. As we suggested yesterday, it seems logical to expect Aspar to be one of the other parties Suzuki is talking to, given the previous dealings Aspar has had with the Japanese factory, and the fact that Randy De Puniet is to be testing Suzuki's new inline four MotoGP machine this season. The Crescent team - currently racing in World Superbikes - could be another option, as the team, led by Paul Denning, had previously run Suzuki's MotoGP operation, taking over from Gary Taylor in 2005.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Rabid_Canine3 hours 23 min ago
David Emmett7 hours 9 min ago
Sttrain7 hours 32 min ago
thecosman10 hours 13 min ago
Rabid_Canine19 hours 36 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Michelin-Chef: Die Schräglagen bleiben spektakulär
- Gigi Dall'Igna: «Mach den Fahrern keine Vorschriften»
- MotoGP im Free-TV: Die Schweiz als Insel der Seligen
- Lucio Cecchinello (LCR): Nachhilfe für Jack Miller
- Troy Bayliss warnt Jack Miller vor zu vielen Stürzen
- Cal Crutchlow: «Die Honda ist ein Tier – wie ich»
- Gigi Dall'Igna: Wie er die neue Ducati GP15 beurteilt
- Valentino Rossi sieht Dreikampf Honda-Yamaha-Ducati
- CWM-LCR: Ein Londoner Grieche und jede Menge Knete
- Zwei VIP-Tickets für den Sachsenring gewinnen!
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: