American Blake Young to Ride Attack CRT Bike at US MotoGP Rounds
AMA Superbike runner-up Blake Young will ride the Attack Performance CRT machine at all three US MotoGP rounds this year. The former Yoshimura Suzuki rider has signed with Attack Performance owner Richard Stanboli to race at the Austin, Laguna Seca and Indianapolis rounds of MotoGP, aboard the Kawasaki-powered CRT machine designed and built by Stanboli and his team.
The Attack CRT bike has been undergoing some major changes since making its debut at Laguna Seca in 2012, where it was ridden by US veteran racer Steve Rapp. According to Roadracing World, Attack owner Stanboli has modified the chassis to work better with the Bridgestone tires, and has altered the firing order of Kawasaki ZX-10R engine to more closely resemble a Yamaha R1 engine. Rapp failed to qualify at Laguna Seca, at what was virtually a shakedown test for the Attack machine, and finished 14th at Indianapolis, ahead of James Ellison on the PBM machine, and Aaron Yates on the GPTech CRT machine, scoring two valuable championship points.
Young is currently without a ride for the 2013 season, Yoshimura Suzuki not having extended his contract when it expired at the end of 2012. Young has previously raced at the world championship level, taking the place of the injured Max Neukirchner at Donington in 2009, aboard the Alstare Suzuki. At a track he had never ridden before, he failed to score any points.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Don Vito Perleone6 hours 42 min ago
Powervalve589 hours 1 min ago
Averagerider9 hours 24 min ago
v4racer10 hours 7 min ago
highside specialist11 hours 14 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Casey Stoner: Comeback bei «8 Stunden von Suzuka»?
- Ducati: In Sepang mit weniger Drehzahl unterwegs!
- Abraham-Crewchief: «Auf niedrigem Niveau begonnen»
- Aprilia stärkt Marco Melandri weiter den Rücken
- Pol Espargaró: «Ducati-Vorteile sind unfair!»
- «Hernandez ist schnell», sagt Teamchef Guidotti
- Guidotti (Pramac): «Von Danilo Petrucci überrascht!»
- Misano: Neuer Asphalt und mehr Sicherheit!
- Nieto, Espargaró & Viñales eröffnen «Catalunya Moto»
- Wayne Gardner: «Lorenzo kann Márquez schlagen»
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: