American Blake Young to Ride Attack CRT Bike at US MotoGP Rounds
AMA Superbike runner-up Blake Young will ride the Attack Performance CRT machine at all three US MotoGP rounds this year. The former Yoshimura Suzuki rider has signed with Attack Performance owner Richard Stanboli to race at the Austin, Laguna Seca and Indianapolis rounds of MotoGP, aboard the Kawasaki-powered CRT machine designed and built by Stanboli and his team.
The Attack CRT bike has been undergoing some major changes since making its debut at Laguna Seca in 2012, where it was ridden by US veteran racer Steve Rapp. According to Roadracing World, Attack owner Stanboli has modified the chassis to work better with the Bridgestone tires, and has altered the firing order of Kawasaki ZX-10R engine to more closely resemble a Yamaha R1 engine. Rapp failed to qualify at Laguna Seca, at what was virtually a shakedown test for the Attack machine, and finished 14th at Indianapolis, ahead of James Ellison on the PBM machine, and Aaron Yates on the GPTech CRT machine, scoring two valuable championship points.
Young is currently without a ride for the 2013 season, Yoshimura Suzuki not having extended his contract when it expired at the end of 2012. Young has previously raced at the world championship level, taking the place of the injured Max Neukirchner at Donington in 2009, aboard the Alstare Suzuki. At a track he had never ridden before, he failed to score any points.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
avsatishchandra13 min 53 sec ago
Dayle881 hour 46 min ago
macrocephalic1 hour 48 min ago
Rabid_Canine2 hours 25 min ago
Motoshrink8 hours 50 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- CWM-LCR: Ein Londoner Grieche und jede Menge Knete
- Zwei VIP-Tickets für den Sachsenring gewinnen!
- MotoAmerica: Colin Edwards wird TV-Experte!
- Danilo Petrucci (Pramac): Schneller als Iannone 2014!
- Eugene Laverty: «Ganz und gar nicht zufrieden»
- Sepang: Lorenzo testete Fingerbremse für Hinterrad
- Karel Abraham: «Bin anderer Meinung als Crutchlow»
- MotoGP in Sepang: Unmenschliche Bedingungen
- Aprilia: Wird Marco Melandri abgesägt?
- Aki Ajo: Was er zu Jack Miller und Vinales sagt
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: