Brett McCormick Update: Full Recovery Expected
Brett McCormick, who fractured two vertebrae in the huge crash he suffered on Sunday at Assen, will make a full recovery, according to updates on the Canadian's website posted by his father last night and earlier today. McCormick is recovering well, and will be moved to either Italy or Canada, before being assessed whether any surgery is required to stabilize his fractured vertebrae. Below is the update posted on McCormick's website:
Monday, April 23, 2012
We are still at Assen hospital, but Brett will be able to transport in a day or two.
We will then travel to Italy and/or home to Canada.
If Brett requires surgery it will be at that time.
He's in good spirits and Lucca (engineer) is with us.
Thanks again for all the positive support!
Brett really appreciates it!!!
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Thanks for all the well wishes everybody!
Brett is sleeping comfortably and will be assesed tomorrow, to see if surgery is necessay to stabilize his C5.
Other than that a broken thumb and assorted bruises etc (two black eyes).
He was lucky and will be making a full and speedy recovery.
I would like to thank Shoei and Alpinestars for doing an awesome job and keeping this from being much worse.
Have to add how unbelievably supportive the Effenbert-Liberty team has been, feels like family. The best.
And a huge thank you to all the track side & medical centre staff for their time & attention to Brett following his crash.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
David Emmett2 hours 2 min ago
breganzane2 hours 12 min ago
anteater3 hours 48 min ago
LeanLikeMe6 hours 8 min ago
Sttrain8 hours 17 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Zwei VIP-Tickets für den Sachsenring gewinnen!
- MotoAmerica: Colin Edwards wird TV-Experte!
- Danilo Petrucci (Pramac): Schneller als Iannone 2014!
- Eugene Laverty: «Ganz und gar nicht zufrieden»
- Sepang: Lorenzo testete Fingerbremse für Hinterrad
- Karel Abraham: «Bin anderer Meinung als Crutchlow»
- MotoGP in Sepang: Unmenschliche Bedingungen
- Aprilia: Wird Marco Melandri abgesägt?
- Aki Ajo: Was er zu Jack Miller und Vinales sagt
- Alex De Angelis (IodaRacing): Software von Aprilia?
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: