James Toseland Confirmed With Satellite BMW World Superbike Squad
With the 2010 season already over, the 2011 World Superbike grid is gradually starting to take shape, with most of the seats filled, despite a host of riders involved in WSBK's version of musical chairs. One name who appeared to have been left standing as the music started to wind down was double WSBK champion James Toseland. The British rider had returned to World Superbikes this season from MotoGP with the factory Sterilgarda Yamaha squad, but Toseland had not adapted fast enough to WSBK to retain his seat for next season, and was looking to be out of a job for 2011.
No longer, it seems. As we reported earlier, Toseland appears to be destined for the brand new BMW Italia team, a satellite BMW squad due to join the grid for next year. According to Bikesportnews.com, Toseland confirmed the deal at the David Jeffries Awards dinner, where he appeared in his capacity as piano player, telling people attendees that he will be lining up alongside Italian rider Ayrton Badovini aboard a BMW S1000RR for 2011. An official announcement is expected very soon, and Toseland expects to start testing next month.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
phoenix131 min 15 sec ago
Slowgeek11 hours 43 min ago
RossL17 hours 59 min ago
Motoshrink22 hours 23 min ago
phoenix11 day 7 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Sepang: Lorenzo testete Fingerbremse für Hinterrad
- Karel Abraham: «Bin anderer Meinung als Crutchlow»
- MotoGP in Sepang: Unmenschliche Bedingungen
- Aprilia: Wird Marco Melandri abgesägt?
- Aki Ajo: Was er zu Jack Miller und Vinales sagt
- Alex De Angelis (IodaRacing): Software von Aprilia?
- Exklusiv: Ducati-Open-Bike mit Seamless-Getriebe!
- Aleix Espargaró (Suzuki): Es geht besser als erwartet
- Pol Espargaró: «Freue mich auf eine andere Piste»
- Warum sich Scott Redding über Karel Abraham ärgert
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: