Barbera Extends For 2011 With Aspar MotoGP Team
Another small piece of the puzzle slots into place in MotoGP's rider merry-go-round. The Pagina Amarillas Aspar Ducati team announced a contract extension with Hector Barbera, which will see the Spaniard return for another season on board the Aspar Ducati. The move had been widely expected, with Barbera living up to the expectations of the team.
During his stint in the 250cc class, Barbera had gained a reputation as a rather reckless rider, often being involved in race incidents and crashes. But Barbera has undergone something of a transformation in the MotoGP class, finishing every race but one so far, his only DNF caused by a broken chain at Laguna Seca. Barbera sits 12th in the championship standings, just one point behind MotoGP veteran Colin Edwards, and the third-best of the rookies, behind Ben Spies and Marco Simoncelli.
Barbera's contract extension is for one more year, but with Aspar looking to add a second bike to the team in 2012, the Spaniard has a very strong chance of having a longer tenure in MotoGP.
For the current state of confirmed and rumored rider signings, see the 2011 provisional MotoGP line up page.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
macrocephalic14 min 59 sec ago
DannyV23 min 16 sec ago
Averagerider33 min 35 sec ago
cycomiko1 hour 44 min ago
jyo3 hours 37 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Davide Brivio (Suzuki): «Es fehlt an Top-Speed»
- Loris Baz (Forward): Gute Tipps von Cal Crutchlow
- Alex Hofmann: «Ein paar Euro für die Leidenschaft»
- Lucio Cecchinello: «Auch Stürze sind lehrreich»
- Michelin-Chef Goubert: Fahrer mit Hinterreifen happy
- MotoGP im Pay-TV: Empfang, Kosten und Alternativen
- Michelin-Stürze: Lorenzo, Dovi, Espargaró, Miller
- Stefan Bradl (15.): «Ich habe kleine Fehler gemacht»
- Valentino Rossi: «Ducati-Vorteile sind seltsam»
- Sepang: Erster Michelin-Test mit allen Stars
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: