Melandri Out Of Assen With Dislocated Shoulder
Marco Melandri has been ruled out of Saturday's Dutch TT MotoGP race at Assen. The San Carlo Gresini Honda rider crashed at the revised Ruskenhoek corner, and landed heavily on his shoulder, dislocating it. The Italian has been taken to the local hospital in Assen for further treatment, and will take no further part in the proceedings.
The crash was a rather strange affair. Melandri overshot the Ruskenhoek, entering the runoff area at high speed. The Italian was unable to follow the narrow tarmac run-on lane, though, and ran onto the grass on the inside of the corner. The rear began to slide just before Melandri got back onto the track, and as soon as the rear tire touched grippy asphalt, the Italian was catapulted off his bike in a huge highside, landing on his shoulder.
Melandri's crash reduces the MotoGP grid to 15 again for Saturday's race, and a shoulder dislocation could mean the Italian missing next Sunday's MotoGP race at Barcelona. With three races on three weekends, this was always going to be the danger zone for MotoGP. The Barcelona round will see numbers bolstered by Wataru Yoshikawa filling in at Fiat Yamaha, but with two test riders on the grid, the situation remains perilous.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
thecosman15 min 25 sec ago
David Emmett2 hours 22 min ago
Dayle882 hours 32 min ago
anteater2 hours 38 min ago
highside specialist3 hours 56 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Aleix Espargaró (Suzuki): Es geht besser als erwartet
- Pol Espargaró: «Freue mich auf eine andere Piste»
- Warum sich Scott Redding über Karel Abraham ärgert
- Bradley Smith (Rang 6): «Habe einen klaren Kopf»
- MotoGP 2015 im Pay-TV: Das Grauen hat uns erreicht
- Gigi Dall'Igna: «Jetzt läuft es bei Ducati anders»
- Stefan Bradl und das Geheimnis der perfekten Runde
- MotoGP-Aprilia: Ist genug Wissen vorhanden?
- Davide Brivio (Suzuki): «Es fehlt an Top-Speed»
- Loris Baz (Forward): Gute Tipps von Cal Crutchlow
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: