Aoyama Quickest On Second Day Of Sepang Rookie Test
The rain continues to dog the last of the rookie tests, another downpour at Sepang disrupting practice for Marco Simoncelli and Hiroshi Aoyama as they acclimatize to their Honda RC212Vs. Fortunately, the rain paid only a brief visit in the afternoon, allowing Simoncelli to rack up 44 laps and Aoyama to accumulate 43 laps of the Malaysian circuit.
Both men improved their times, but as yesterday, it was Hiroshi Aoyama who was the quickest of the pairing. Aoyama's 2'03.25 on the Interwetten Honda was nearly half a second better than Simoncelli's time of 2'03.70 aboard the factory-spec San Carlo Gresini Honda, but both men were still some way off both Casey Stoner's lap record of 2'02.108 and Valentino Rossi's pole record of 2'00.518.
Simoncelli continued to emphasize that times were not important. In the Gresini press release, he is quoted as saying "I must insist once again that this is not my objective at the moment. The most positive thing is that I have lapped at a consistently fast pace for all 56 laps and I started to enjoy it." His main focus was to adapt to the bike and continue to find the right set up.
The test concludes tomorrow, and will be the last time a MotoGP bike turns a wheel on a circuit until February 3rd, back at Sepang.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
avsatishchandra2 hours 33 min ago
rdc5 hours 58 min ago
breganzane7 hours 48 min ago
alucard4212 hours 12 min ago
Motoshrink12 hours 52 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Aprilia in der MotoGP: Bald um Top-Ten-Plätze?
- Davide Brivio (Suzuki): «Müssen Open-Bikes besiegen»
- Aprilia in der MotoGP: Neues Design vorgestellt
- Lucio Cecchinello: «Risiko-Projekt mit Jack Miller»
- Tech3-Yamaha: Kein neues Seamless-Getriebe für 2015?
- Marco Melandri: Aprilia weist Nötigungsvorwurf zurück
- Casey Stoner: Comeback bei «8 Stunden von Suzuka»?
- Ducati: In Sepang mit weniger Drehzahl unterwegs!
- Abraham-Crewchief: «Auf niedrigem Niveau begonnen»
- Aprilia stärkt Marco Melandri weiter den Rücken
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: