Espargaro To Replace Canepa At Valencia For Final MotoGP Round
It has not been Niccolo Canepa's season. After a long and difficult year struggling with the Pramac Ducati, the Italian is to miss the final round of MotoGP at Valencia, leaving the series without a final chance to prove his mettle. The Valencia round will be the third race in a row that Canepa has been forced to miss, as he is still recovering from the skin transplant necessitated by his crash in practice at the Australian Grand Prix a month ago.
Canepa's place will once again be taken by Aleix Espargaro, something the Spaniard was due to do anyway as of Monday after the Grand Prix. Espargaro will now get another couple of days extra time on the bike to familiarize himself before testing for the 2010 season starts in earnest after the Grand Prix is over. The Spaniard has shown good progress in his time on the bike replacing both Canepa and team mate Mika Kallio, and is hoping to put on a good show for the Spanish fans.
Canepa, meanwhile, will be concentrating on finding a ride in Moto2 for the 2010 season. The full list of riders is due to be announced at Valencia, though financial problems continue to dog some of the teams, meaning that at least some of the teams with a reserve entry are likely to be given a full time slot on the grid.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
JanBros1 hour 44 min ago
Champ4 hours 21 min ago
sandstream4 hours 31 min ago
Averagerider12 hours 2 min ago
macrocephalic14 hours 24 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Stefan Bradl und das Geheimnis der perfekten Runde
- MotoGP-Aprilia: Ist genug Wissen vorhanden?
- Davide Brivio (Suzuki): «Es fehlt an Top-Speed»
- Loris Baz (Forward): Gute Tipps von Cal Crutchlow
- Alex Hofmann: «Ein paar Euro für die Leidenschaft»
- Lucio Cecchinello: «Auch Stürze sind lehrreich»
- Michelin-Chef Goubert: Fahrer mit Hinterreifen happy
- MotoGP im Pay-TV: Empfang, Kosten und Alternativen
- Michelin-Stürze: Lorenzo, Dovi, Espargaró, Miller
- Stefan Bradl (15.): «Ich habe kleine Fehler gemacht»
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: