Moto2 Class Confirmed In Spanish Championship For 2009
Shortly after the regulations for the new Moto2 class were announced, the RFME - the Spanish Motorcycling Federation, the organization which runs motorcycle racing in Spain - expressed an interest in running the new class as part of the Spanish CEV Championship. And now, just a few days later, the Spanish Federation has made good on that statement: In a press release issued today, the RFME announced its intention to run a Moto2 class alongside the existing CEV championship.
Exact details have not been released yet - the RFME say that they expect to release the exact technical and sporting regulations shortly - and the series will only go ahead if the RFME receive enough entries for all of the CEV rounds currently scheduled. But the hope is that enough teams will be interested to take part, and that this series will serve as a proving ground for the point at which the Moto2 class replaces the 250cc class in 2011.
The entry list for the Moto2 series will be worth watching very closely. Both the number of entrants, and the parties who choose to build bikes for this will point the way to the success of the series. Several parties are believed to be interested in the series - Moriwaki having already built a prototype - but that interest may not translate into actual participation. Oscar Gallardo, the man who runs the CEV championship, told AS.com that the series would need two weeks' notice to organize. As the CEV is due to start on April 19th, we should now exactly how much interest there is by the beginning of April.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Averagerider4 min 22 sec ago
v4racer47 min 24 sec ago
highside specialist1 hour 54 min ago
beaufort3 hours 45 min ago
Averagerider4 hours 57 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Meen Motorsports Lands Sponsorship From Arma Energy
- Michael Laverty Blogs Ahead Of First Test On Tyco BMW Superbike
- Ducati: In Sepang mit weniger Drehzahl unterwegs!
- Abraham-Crewchief: «Auf niedrigem Niveau begonnen»
- Aprilia stärkt Marco Melandri weiter den Rücken
- Pol Espargaró: «Ducati-Vorteile sind unfair!»
- «Hernandez ist schnell», sagt Teamchef Guidotti
- Guidotti (Pramac): «Von Danilo Petrucci überrascht!»
- Misano: Neuer Asphalt und mehr Sicherheit!
- Nieto, Espargaró & Viñales eröffnen «Catalunya Moto»
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: