Bautista to Honda WSBK

Talk about the World Superbike series run by FGSport. Including World Superbikes, World Supersport, European Superstock, etc.
bikermike

Bautista to Honda WSBK

Post by bikermike »

https://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/930089/ ... -team-2020

Honda reputed to have shiny new Fireblade to put themselves back into WSBK.

I wonder if this has anything to do with their lack of development of usability in MotoGP - to improve what you have in the same direction is presumably easier than to make big changes, and if you are busy building a new WSBK bike, this may be why.

Interesting choice by Bautista - either the new bike is very promising, or there's something else in the deal (own bodyweight in chorizo, guaranteed MotoGP ride?)

Vmax666

Re: Bautista to Honda WSBK

Post by Vmax666 »

I hope they also sign another top rider incase Bautista throws it away to often
Wsbk needs Honda and all the other manufacturers to have a competitive bike to improve the show

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

First of all nice to see a proper Japanese factory team, wish Yamaha and in particular Suzuka would follow suit.

Secondly for biker mike, it has been reported that HRC offered him double the salary he's getting at Ducati :o

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

Schwantz34 wrote:First of all nice to see a proper Japanese factory team, wish Yamaha and in particular Suzuka would follow suit.

Secondly for biker mike, it has been reported that HRC offered him double the salary he's getting at Ducati :o
I read somewhere that Bautista was getting 400k euros at Ducati and Honda will give him 800k euros. No doubt its more complex than that
My signature isn't particularly interesting

bikermike

Post by bikermike »

that's a good slice of cash (especially given he's probably got less than ten years to earn salary in this way).

I wonder how they will do - I sort of do and don't want Honda to do well, it's no fun if they dominate all the top-classes. I hoope they've cured the problems that plagued the road race machine

zelot

Post by zelot »

I thought it was Takahashi on the other Honda. Not sure where that leaves Leon Camier. Maybe depends what Leon can pull out of the hat in the last few meetings.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Schwantz34 wrote:First of all nice to see a proper Japanese factory team, wish Yamaha and in particular Suzuka would follow suit.

Edit, I wish SUZUKI would follow suit!! Would be more than happy if they went to Suzuka :lol: :lol:

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

Mikesbytes wrote: I read somewhere that Bautista was getting 400k euros at Ducati and Honda will give him 800k euros. No doubt its more complex than that
I suspect that might be a considerable proportion of the motivation :)

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

I saw today from various sources that Claudia Domenicali slated Bautista on Twitter. Read the 80 or so replies ( to the tweet) and was surprised to see about half appearing to me to slate Domenicali/ Ducati :shock:

I thought the Ducatista would back their company, their leader to the hilt!!!

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

An article had Domenicali as stating a 2 year contract with 7 digits, which seems to say 1,000,000 euros over 2 years, ie 500k euros per year. If the numbers we have seen are accurate then Bautista has turned down 500k euros from Ducati to take 800k euros from Honda

Based on the figure that Domenicali has implied, he has stated that it wasn't money that got Bautista leaving
My signature isn't particularly interesting