British Superbikes 2019

Talk about national motorcycle racing series: AMA, BSB, Australian or Japanese Superbikes, IDM, CIV, CEV, Irish Road Racing, TT, whatever takes your fancy.
Vmax666

Re: British Superbikes 2019

Post by Vmax666 »

I’d like to see him have another strong year next year in bsb to rebuild his confidence
Redding seemed to improve in confidence lots at donnington in the first race
I would have liked to see Bradley Smith come into bsb as well rather than accepting a testing role just to be in the MotoGP paddock. But I guess winning is not what motivates him

Brooks will be unhappy with seeing redding look so confident at knockhill. And will be up for outshining him at the next round

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

I got to see more of the races. There wasn't much coverage of Redding until he got to about 5th or so. What was shown showed that Redding really was on it. I didn't see a single failed pass - that I remember anyhow. There were two cases where he went wide after a pass, but in both cases completed the pass. Buchan overtook him near the end and appeared to be building a small gap - but then fell off. I interpret that as Buchan riding too fast for the conditions and taking risks to stay ahead. Though, of course, I could be wrong.

What I take from it is that Redding was absolutely on it at a track he hadn't raced at before, and in tricky conditions. Impressive, and promising for his season.

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

"Wait until Redding has to go to Knockhill, then we'll see how shit he really is"... 8-)

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

Tourn46 wrote:"Wait until Redding has to go to Knockhill, then we'll see how shit he really is"... 8-)
Did someone post something like that? I searched this site and couldn't find anything like that. I did find one comment about reserving judgement until Knockhill/Caldwell.

On the other hand, this reddit thread is full of all sorts of accusations, swearing, and general dislike of Paul Bird. https://www.reddit.com/r/motogp/comment ... _tomorrow/

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

Fingernails wrote:
Tourn46 wrote:"Wait until Redding has to go to Knockhill, then we'll see how shit he really is"... 8-)
Did someone post something like that? I searched this site and couldn't find anything like that. I did find one comment about reserving judgement until Knockhill/Caldwell.

On the other hand, this reddit thread is full of all sorts of accusations, swearing, and general dislike of Paul Bird. https://www.reddit.com/r/motogp/comment ... _tomorrow/
No it wasn't here, generally speaking everyone here appreciates all riders!

The garbage strewn across Twitter, etc suggested that Scott Redding would be "found out" in BSB, etc.

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

I must admit I thought he might struggle on some tracks but be there or there abouts in the overall championship because he has a good bike in the best team and is a quality rider, his MotoGP results don't tell the full story of his talent as he was generally on second or third rate equipment and I've always believed he's too big being 1-2 stone heavier than the top riders.

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

Sometimes rides need a step backward to regain the winning feeling and then move forward again
Hopefully the same will happen to Kent when he returns at snetterton. Although it’s a old bike and a private entry I think it will still be capable of podiums

Look how refreshed Bautista looks in wsbk
Both toseland and hodgson came back to bsb before having successful wsbk stints

If redding is happy he will do well

Apical

Post by Apical »

Snetterton round 6, pole position & 2 wins for Scott Redding. SR45 now 38 points ahead of second place in the championship Tommy Bridewell. Josh Brookes third in the championship, top 3 all on Ducati V4Rs. Then Tarran Mackenzie, Yamaha & Danny Buchan, Kawasaki, sixth is Xavi Forés on a Honda.
That looks like our top six, Forés might drop out of the top 6 but the rest look good at the moment.
Six rounds completed, six to go, that's about half way through the championship, still many points available.
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

Yeah I think Hickman could snatch that 6th spot, the next 3 tracks they visit prior to the cut off are Thruxton, Cadwell and Oulton, historically tracks that Hickman is very strong at.

I feel sorry for Peter, he always seems start a season on the back foot for some reason or another and then seems to spring to life post TT.

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

This is an amazing run by Redding. And he looks, mostly, confident and in control. (Occasionally losing the rear mid-corner notwithstanding.)

Both races looked like McKenzie trying to hold onto the Ducs.

yamfan

Post by yamfan »

Redding says he’s trying to stay calm because he’s still learning the Pirelli tyres, the new bike and new tracks. Shakey Byrne hinted that he will struggle on bumpy Thruxton and maybe the tight and twisty Cadwell, but then the showdown is on tracks that Scott knows.
Tax did indeed struggle to stay with the Ducati boys, he was using the Yamaha’s superior corner speed and agility to compensate for the V4R’s straight line speed. Sadly the tyres cried enough and he limped to a third in race 1 after bridewell crashed out and Taz himself crashed after pushing the tyres too hard on the edges as he narrowly avoided a huge highside.
Overall Redding looked like he had something over everyone and wasn’t worried at all, even the warmup crash didn’t faze him at all. The lad is starting to look ominously comfortable in BSB.
Kudos to Jamie Whitham for his insight over the weekend, he’s great in WSBK too. The bloke has fought off cancer twice and is still one of the stars of any show he’s at.
Love him to add his witty and honest views to MotoGP, he’d certainly put Neil (look at me) Hodgson in his place.

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

yamfan wrote:Redding says he’s trying to stay calm because he’s still learning the Pirelli tyres, the new bike and new tracks. Shakey Byrne hinted that he will struggle on bumpy Thruxton and maybe the tight and twisty Cadwell, but then the showdown is on tracks that Scott knows.
Tax did indeed struggle to stay with the Ducati boys, he was using the Yamaha’s superior corner speed and agility to compensate for the V4R’s straight line speed. Sadly the tyres cried enough and he limped to a third in race 1 after bridewell crashed out and Taz himself crashed after pushing the tyres too hard on the edges as he narrowly avoided a huge highside.
Overall Redding looked like he had something over everyone and wasn’t worried at all, even the warmup crash didn’t faze him at all. The lad is starting to look ominously comfortable in BSB.
Kudos to Jamie Whitham for his insight over the weekend, he’s great in WSBK too. The bloke has fought off cancer twice and is still one of the stars of any show he’s at.
Love him to add his witty and honest views to MotoGP, he’d certainly put Neil (look at me) Hodgson in his place.
I'm gutted that Whitham got dropped from the TT coverage, a real genuinely nice bloke who actually knows what he's talking about as well as he has a wealth of knowledge given that their aren't many classes he hasn't raced in, BSB, WSBK, WSS, Roads, 500's and Endurance off the top of my head are all disciplines he's competed in.

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

According to the Belfast News Letter Glenn Irwin has split from Kawasaki

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

AntG23985 wrote:According to the Belfast News Letter Glenn Irwin has split from Kawasaki
https://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/moto ... -1-9011749

I looked up the newspaper, but there aren't many details in that article. This older article does list a lot of problems they've had as a team/rider combination. https://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/moto ... -1-9010675 That article assumes that he'll see out the year, and then suggests that if he doesn't stay with Kawasaki then he'd have a place at Tyco BMW.

I guess we'll now see. Will he see out the season? Bit rough if he doesn't. Unless it's mutual because he has somewhere to go.

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

Already parted ways
Although on crash.net they suggest hector to replace
Shakey posted a picture of him signing a covered up contract the other day so looks like shakey to replace him
It is a shame but he has not looked comfortable in the team at all so maybe good for him to have a change

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

Vmax666 wrote:Already parted ways
Although on crash.net they suggest hector to replace
Shakey posted a picture of him signing a covered up contract the other day so looks like shakey to replace him
It is a shame but he has not looked comfortable in the team at all so maybe good for him to have a change
Shakey Byrne? Now, that surprises me. I thought his injuries were career-ending. Where did he post the photo?

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

Posted it on Twitter I think, though it could be a contract for a mortgage for all we know.

Both BMW and Kawasaki having teething problems with their new machines this year it seems, Tyco BMW have had a nightmare month with Iddon and Farmer suffering leg breaks and Dunlop breaking his pelvis at the Southern 100*.

Kawasaki were flying last year with Haslam and Dixon, this year Ducati seems to be the bike to be on with Redding, Brookes and Bridewell all there.

*edit- Jesus I just flicked on Facebook and there's a photo of Dunlop on crutches with a Tyco BMW being pulled out of his van at the Armoy paddock for this weekends races, that lad is made of something else. :shock:

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

It’ll be interesting to see how Glenn does on the bmw this weekend
It might be good motivation for him to do well
I think the Ducati’s will be dominant again this weekend but which one I don’t know

I would also like to see Kent at least get some laps in on the mv
If he can get a full season on a superbike I am sure he will show his true class

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

The contract Shakey signed was a publishing deal for his autobiography, announced yesterday. Shakey still has a scan next month to determine whether his neck has healed sufficiently to return to racing.

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

I didn't even know that the Glenn Irwin BMW switch was completed already until I came here.

It's only practice, but Hickman is doing well, and for Irwin to be 0.6s behind in his first outing on the bike - that's not bad. Hickman, in FP2 at least, is faster than Iddon. And Irwin is faster, so far, than both JG Speedfit Kawasakis and a LONG way ahead of Barbara.

Of course there's the likelihood that everything will be turned on its head between now and the race, but we'll see.

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

Hickman is generally very quick at Thruxton, I don't think he's been off the podium there for a few years now.

Hickman also put on Twitter that he and all the other BMW riders are still using stock motors.

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

Glenn Irwin described it as a super stock motor in the interview I saw today and looked better on the bmw
Sad to see Mackenzie injured again. Maybe he’s trying to hard to keep up with the Ducati’s On bike that’s not quite up to it
Redding looks strong again and improved in every session
I am not sure he would want to move on the wsbk next year as he looks so happy in the bsb paddock

I would like to see a hicky and bridewell win tomorrow but not sure what 5he forecast is

Apical

Re: British Superbikes 19 Thruxton

Post by Apical »

Thruxton, round 7, one of the fastest circuits for BSB.
Weather should be OK, warm enough, might be a little precipitation.
The info I have seen is not suggesting any serious rain.
Another pole position for Scott Redding & Ducati!
Peter Hickman 3rd splits the Ducatis & pushes Josh Brookes off the front row.
When will BMW throw in a hot engine?
Should be good racing.
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

Probably next season for the proper superbike engines, Tom Sykes has got a full superbike engine now but it's undergoing development still.

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

Redding for wsbk next year. I was hoping for 2 years in bsb to regain confidence
Thought Kent did ok on the old MV at least he did some laps this time