British superbike champion

Talk about national motorcycle racing series: AMA, BSB, Australian or Japanese Superbikes, IDM, CIV, CEV, Irish Road Racing, TT, whatever takes your fancy.
Vmax666

British superbike champion

Post by Vmax666 »

Well done leon Hallam been a dominant year
Looking forward to see who fills all the vacant spots for next year
Also thought Danny Kent did well today and hope he secures a place with a top team

bikermike

Re: British superbike champion

Post by bikermike »

Indeed - hats off to Liam.

hope he does well at WSBK

It will be interesting to see who comes up next. Could be a good year - assuming Shakey actually retires, that's the last two champions gone. I've said before about there not being enough room at the top for new talent - here's hoping that they take the opportunity.

Personally, I'd like Peter Hickman to do well - could we have a TT/BSB champion? that would be something?
or Bradley Ray - he's still very much young enough to leap from BSB to greater things

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

I’d like to see Hickman win it but I don’t think he is in a strong enough team. Although maybe he will be with a different team next year
I would also like to see Honda do better. Is the blade really that bad?
I’m looking forward to see who fills all the seats this year and hopefully some new blood in there
Still think redding is going to edge the win next year though mainly because I think the ducati is going to be a weapon and he is in the best team

MiniNinjaMk5

Post by MiniNinjaMk5 »

Yes what a brilliant year for Haslam - he has finally done it, and in style.
Really glad for him he was the class of the field and consistently at the top (where others were struggling with this being regularly on the podium).

Bradley Ray started the year really well, brilliant ride in the Suzuka 8-hour, then seems to have faded somewhat. When I saw him at Thuxton he was having an absolute mare, just spinning up the rear tyre and ending up with no grip.
Although apparently he has really impressed the Suzuki Japan bosses and is off to do the All-Japan Championship for a few races.

Difficult to predict results for next year, with the two top guys moving on.
Hopefully Ray will get some consistency back, but also Hickman had a lot of speed throughout the year.
Taylor Mac would be a good bet - but needs to stop having horrible high-sides.
Will be interesting to see how Redding gets on - can see it going either way, although if the Ducati is the beast that everyone is saying it is, that will certainly make his life easier.

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

Next year will be a good year
I think brooks will not show his best on the ducati
Redding will be in the showdown
Ray will have a better year and finish runner up
Irwin will have similar results on the Kawasaki as on the ducati
Hopper to make a return mid season
Looking forward to seeing who takes the rest of the top rides

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

It will be interesting to see how Redding does go, some of those circuits are going to be pretty alien too him I think as he's not likely to have raced places like Cadwell, Oulton, Brands, Thruxton, Snetterton and Knockhill since he was a nipper.

MiniNinjaMk5

Post by MiniNinjaMk5 »

Definitely - you can make the argument that he'll have no easier time of it than Fores, who will also be seeing a lot of the non-international circuits for the first time.

Hopefully the team managers will have invested in some track days..

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

Just had a look at this year's lineup for the first time. Interesting. https://www.britishsuperbike.com/riders/

It's going to depend on how competitive the bikes are, but I'm wondering if Brooks on the Be Wiser Ducati is in a good position.

MiniNinjaMk5

Post by MiniNinjaMk5 »

The Ducati has been really good in testing - Redding has been really fast, quickest in a few of them, and boy is he letting everyone know about it. It looks like he is going to come out swinging, but I will reserve judgement until he comes to something like Knockhill or Cadwell on a wet morning, and then the series veterans come into their own.

Good to see as the series has lost some top riders (Haslam, Dixon etc.) that there is some new talent coming in. Forres on the Honda will be interesting!

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

I don't know why Dean Harrison is listed as according to his own website he's only doing rounds 1,2,5,6 and 8

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

MiniNinjaMk5 wrote:The Ducati has been really good in testing - Redding has been really fast, quickest in a few of them, and boy is he letting everyone know about it. It looks like he is going to come out swinging, but I will reserve judgement until he comes to something like Knockhill or Cadwell on a wet morning, and then the series veterans come into their own.

Good to see as the series has lost some top riders (Haslam, Dixon etc.) that there is some new talent coming in. Forres on the Honda will be interesting!
Yeah, O'Halloran looks good on the Yamaha too, will be interesting to see how the new BMW's go as well, there's another test at Silverstone this week.

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

I'm going to stick with my pre-season prediction of Brooks. I think his knowledge of the tracks and the series is going to be important.

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

I think it will be between Brookes and redding
And I think the showdown format will tip it towards redding as all he has to do is qualify for the showdown which is then on circuits he will have ridden on before

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

I'd love to see Hickman win it, unfortunately I just don't think his team have the budget, rapid rider on his day though, especially at Thruxton and Cadwell, his double podium at Thruxton last year showed his talent given that he spent the night before in hospital on a drip for a kidney infection.

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

I feel sorry for the BMW riders, they only got their bikes a week ago. Genuine top 5 championship position, race winning riders in Ellison and Hickman way down the order.

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

Listening to whit calling the bmw less than production engines due to the kit electronics not being able to work the VVT
Shows why they were struggling although IDDON looked ok
Also believe there is some issue with the kit electronics on the ducati. Maybe this is why brooks had failures over the weekend