The Obligatory Post Your Bike Topic

Talk about all things motorcycling and non-motorcycling, not directly related to racing. No Politics.
Tumi

Re: The Obligatory Post Your Bike Topic

Post by Tumi »

Tumi wrote:Being an ultra sensible person I bought another ultra sensible bike.
For me, if the bike can't get me to our cabin above Arctic Circle in comfort with side bags and heated grips, it's quite useless. With this there may be some long rides ahead, I might try a SS1600K some time.
Edit: 23rd of August 2016. I feel alive mostly when I get the chance to ride up north once a year.

Last edited by Tumi on Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bandit1250

Post by Bandit1250 »

Here's my unglamourous but do everything workhorse.

JanBros

Post by JanBros »

"my" as in the background, or "my" as in the husband taking the picture :?: :D
Bi-stroker Parallelus Bi-cylindricus

Tumi

Post by Tumi »

Bandit1250 wrote:Here's my unglamourous but do everything workhorse.
I barely saved myself from making a very bad chauvinistic joke, but warm welcome to this forum!

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

My new Beastie... I'm in love! Worlds apart from my GSX-R 600 K2.

Faster1

Post by Faster1 »

Why not, right?
Said goodbye to the R1 last year and went Monster,, because, I'm getting old.

2 cents brought to you by the letter "Q"

Lifelong Yamaha Racing fan, but currently riding a Duc,,,, don't tell anyone 8-)

let's talk WSBK

Kropotkin
Site Admin

Post by Kropotkin »

Nice. Always liked the R6. And (heresy!) the newer monsters are prettier than the older ones.
--
http://www.motomatters.com/ - MotoGP News, Analysis and Race Reports

Cobbett

Post by Cobbett »

I'd be very interested in your reflections on the Monster, Faster1. I'm thinking of making a similar move, and for similar reasons (off of a 998S).

JanBros

Post by JanBros »

my 2 latest "bikes" :

2 Honda Sky's to compete in Moped MX.
great fun, probably the best I've ever had on 2 wheels 8-)

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

JanBros, those things look ridiculous... but hell yeah I can imagine how much fun it would be!

Morpheus

Post by Morpheus »

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What are you waiting for, you're faster than this
Don't think you are, know you are

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

A nice quiet back road Morpheus. I was trying to guess where by the trees but I can't pick the species
My signature isn't particularly interesting

Apical

Looks like Australia at first guess

Post by Apical »

Looks like Australia at first guess
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson

Morpheus

Post by Morpheus »

Mikesbytes wrote:A nice quiet back road Morpheus. I was trying to guess where by the trees but I can't pick the species
WA. The best bike road near the metro area. O’Briens road. The one that claimed Peter Brock.

Morpheus

Post by Morpheus »

Apical wrote:Looks like Australia at first guess
Yep. The Wild West.

Mikesbytes

Re: Looks like Australia at first guess

Post by Mikesbytes »

Apical wrote:Looks like Australia at first guess
LOL
My signature isn't particularly interesting

pom

Post by pom »

I can't resist ....

7 years ago I had a bit of tumble on track and broke a bit myself ( broeken left knee, wrist, foot to be more precise) . This unpleasant experience let me spend a couple of month in hospital and my wife's confidence was as broken as my bones. in the same time, we had a little girl to watch over so maybe the best option was to stay focused on that (quite enjoyable) mission. But you all know how things works ... i was missing riding so much.

Finally , things settled down and all stars aligned this year to allow me to get back to motorcycles. Last week, I bought myself a VFR 800 FI.

I'm happy as a kid :lol: . I already rode a few hundred miles since I took the pics and it seems I'm not too rusted and it was a concern. Riding is really something I missed a lot.

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

pom wrote:Last week, I bought myself a VFR 800 FI.
Congratulations! Welcome back to the dark side 8-)

JanBros

Post by JanBros »

the scene :

just a tiny bit of too much braking into the corner and the front was gone. the black mark in the middle of the street is from my blocked tire, ther were other marks to, probably from other bikes crashing :mrgreen: . next to the road was a ditch (unvissible on the picture). me and my bike slid into it and it launched us both between the 2 slanting small trees. When I was rolling/flying through the bushes I thought to myself : "Wow, my bike is high in the air" as I saw it flying for a brief moment . when I first got up (nothing serious, just a bit of pain in my back the day after) I couldn't find it. We had landed in what looks like a chopped bush where all the big parts of the trees already where removed and only the small parts remained. My bike was 10m further from where I was (in total, it was about 50m from where the front tire gave up and 15-20m in the field). I seriously doubt the bike had slid to that point as there was no trail of marks from a sliding bike on the branches.

I still can not believe how lucky I was : not only my body had nothing apart from some bruising but the overal damage is next to nothing :
my brand new boots (first time out) have just some very tiny marks on the tow slider
my helmet (new from last year) only had some green dirt between the shell and the visor, it had touched nothing alse.
on my leathers, there was only a big sliding mark on my upper leg, the upper-body didn't have a single mark.
but the biggest surprise, my bike : because of all the branches, it was impossible to push it out, so I started it (first kick) and rode it out while my 2 mates also gave soem pushing.
the damage to the bike :
up front : as can be seen on the picture, I have a helmet upfront as a small fairing : it's visor was gone no other marks on the helmet, the right blinker damaged , left miror broken and the brake handle a little bend. that's it !
on the left side, I have 3 crash-bobbins : 2 up front, 1 at the rear to protect my exhust can : that bracked had broken, but not a scratch on the can itself.
at the rear : the rear plastics broken in many pieces, taillight and blinkers gone, supporting brackets and locking mechanisme for the rear seat all broken/bend, and my license plate bend .

and that was all ! not a mark on my fueltank/radiator/engine/forks/ ... all controls (apart from the little bend in the brake leaver) without a scratch and fully working. after checking it out, suspension worked flawless, brakes worked normal, no water/oil leaks. Decided to ride it calmly at least to the next town to see how it behaved. than the next town .... half an hour later I was riding fluently again :mrgreen:

It was "kind of" a special moment : my 25th crash/accident and the 10th with my beloved KR1S :lol: Somehow, there must be a very tiny bit of Marc Marquez inside of me, as I have never had any serious injury (biggest one was a hole in my elbow : I could see how the bones hinge in each other). I didn't misjudge the corner and only I only have the idiot who was in control to blame :mrgreen: obviously, we were not cruising arround 8-) we estimated my speed must have been at least above 90 and probably above 100km/h. My wife is already used to it : all she texted back was "that happen's" :lol:

But with this one, I was very lucky : no crash-barrier, no big trees, all the big tree-trunks already removed and the branches to damp our fall/tumble, nothing physical and unbelievably small bike-damage :shock:

pom

Post by pom »

Tourn46 wrote:
pom wrote:Last week, I bought myself a VFR 800 FI.
Congratulations! Welcome back to the dark side 8-)
Thks ;)

@JanBros : nice one :lol:

MiniNinjaMk5

Post by MiniNinjaMk5 »

Wow Jan-Bros - definitely think the gods were looking at for you with that one!

Glad that you got through that with only a scrape.

After some years of living abroad (S Korea, somewhere you would have to be mad to ride a motorbike) and a job where I was travelling around a lot, an now thinking of getting back into biking and have been looking about at what is available.

It's some years since my last bike (a zxr400 - hence my user name) - and have been looking at the Yamaha MT07. Will probably just be for a bit of fun at weekends and the ocassional commute. Had a quick sit on it and it seems sized pretty well for me. Has anyone had a go on one or know enough about one to comment?

Apical

Post by Apical »

JanBros that was impressive! And lucky. Glad you didn't smash yourself or the bike too much.

I will attempt to attach a picture. No go. Will try again later.
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson