Remy Gardner

Debate and discussion about the feeder classes of MotoGP, including the fabulous 250s, the thrilling 125s, and the madness that is the Red Bull Rookies
Apical

Remy Gardner

Post by Apical »

Remy Gardner this guy is fast, at times. His form seems to be up & down like a bi-polar kangaroo.
R.G. has signed a deal with lolly water KTM Ajo to ride in Moto2 next year.
Aki Ajo knows his stuff. A.A is a very good talent spotter, as proven over many years.
M Pecino says "Aki Ajo is one of the most respected persons of the GP paddock."
Some talent that Ajo has supported over the last 10 years; Sandro Cortese, Marc Marquez, Johann Zarco, Danny Kent, Jonas Folger.
Ajo Motorsport also ran the late great Luis Salom, R.I.P.
Add Jack Miller, Brad Binder, Miguel Oliviera so Aki has spotted many riders who have done well. Not just in 125 & Moto3, but also Moto2 & MotoGp.

https://www.motogp.com/en/video_update/ ... ogp/328049

Aki Ajo is confident enough to sign Remy G. then the son of a champion from Wollongong must have the potential to be great.
Gardner is fast. He has had a few pole positions in Moto2, which takes some real speed. Remy does crash a lot.
As a wise man once said if you are fast & crash a lot, you can learn not to crash.

I am hoping Ajo will help Remy to improve his consistency and racecraft.
If Remy can't improve his results with Ajo motorsport backing & tutelage that will be a bad outcome.
I'm confident that the support from A.A. & the team will bring out the best in Remy Gardner & we will see him improve and progress.
I bloody hope so to mate!
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson

Mikesbytes

Re: Remy Gardner

Post by Mikesbytes »

It's also a good team to promoted to MotoGP from
My signature isn't particularly interesting

MiniNinjaMk5

Post by MiniNinjaMk5 »

Yep definitely looking forward to seeing what Gardener can do on the Ajo Motorsports bike. Seems like a good team and Ajo is a steady pair of hands, should hopefully help him make the next step from occasional front-runner to regular podium finisher.

If he has even 50% of his dad's grit then you know he will try and give it his best shot!

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

He has shown great promise in some races, but he's been up and down a bit. As have many riders. He has the experience in Moto2, and he'll have the bike. And, he has the name. Looking forward to seeing how it works out.

Apical

Re: Remy Gardner goin good

Post by Apical »

Remy Gardner fastest at Portimão test! Cool! Looks like Remy & the team will work fine together.
Hoping Aki Ajo and the lolly water team will bring out the best in young Gardner.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/03/ ... mes/362347
Mikesbytes wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:57 am
It's also a good team to promoted to MotoGP from
Damn right Mikesbytes

Now Australia needs a rider in Moto3.
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

Looking at the 2021 MotoGP lineup we have 4 new riders if you count Savadori in that 4, he only did a couple of races last year. Thinking about how many vacant seats there could be for 2022 we would have to guess at how many their would be say;
Retirement Age 0.6 (Only see one rider in this category)
Retirement Injury 0.5 (could be anyone)
Banned 0.1 (doesn't happen very often - Iannone, Ant West)
Poor performance 1.5 More likely to be someone who has changed teams or a rookie
Team goes bust 1, however that means the other rider could end up taking the vacant seat, I'm giving a 50% chance of a 1 team disappearing as contracts would change
New Team 1, I'm giving 50% of VR46 appearing as a separate team
So there you go I've estimated there will be 2.7 new riders on the grid in 2022 and that will be 2 new riders from Moto2, 0.5 riders from Moto3 and 0.2 riders from outside of MotoGP series. Now I should go have a look at the existing contracts but not the ones in for Esponsorama Racing...

The first 6 or so races will be critical for Remy to be considered for a vacant seat in MotoGP

Apical

Post by Apical »

Thanks for that Mikesbytes, interesting prediction. Three newbies for 2022 and Remy Gardner could be one of them.
R.G.87 has the wrong passport of corse! I predict one Spanish rider, one Italian, (maybe Marco Bezzecchi).
Remy could be the 0.7 if he wants to move up to MotoGp. He has only recently turned 23 so he has some time yet. Gardner wants to win the Moto2 championship first. Will he then stay in M2 to defend the title, possibly.
Remy is improving. Fastest at Qatar day 1 and very quick on day two. I give him time to settle in with the new team.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/03/ ... day/364133

https://motomatters.com/results/2021/03 ... ierge.html

Six Moto2 riders within a tenth of a second on a two minute lap time, that is very close.

It will be interesting to see where Gardner is at after 6 races or so.

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

As you point out the times are so close that there simply isn't enough info to get a gauge on who will shine at this point

MiniNinjaMk5

Post by MiniNinjaMk5 »

The wrong passport thing I think can sometimes be a help, although Remy will have it harder as there is already an Aussie in the GP paddock before him.

I think it might help the likes of Dixon, Roberts etc. as Dorna will want a rider with those passports in the category.

Gardner is certainly in a good team now, well managed and well funded and hopefully a good crew to support him. The pieces are there and he has earned his right in the team, time to see if he can put it all together.