BSB 2020

Talk about national motorcycle racing series: AMA, BSB, Australian or Japanese Superbikes, IDM, CIV, CEV, Irish Road Racing, TT, whatever takes your fancy.
Apical

Re: BSB 2020

Post by Apical »

Found a good video of Tommy Bridewell and Ollie Bridewell

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/british-sup ... ideo.shtml

Warning you may feel sad. I cried.
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

Yes, Ollie Bridewell is a sad story.

I've caught up with the championship. My prediction that Bridewell would beat Iddon in the championship is looking incredibly shaky now, and I now think that Iddon is going to get ahead of Brookes.

And, it looks like Glenn Irwin is going to lose his championship lead. The Hondas looked so strong at the beginning of the season, but are fading.

Unlike WSBK, this is looking like it's going to be a close championship.

Apical

Re: BSB 2020 Excitement

Post by Apical »

"Unlike WSBK, this is looking like it's going to be a close championship." Damn right Fingernails!

Donington Yes! Three different winners, at least one big disappointment.

Now the championship is still tight at the top. Aussie Josh Brookes on the Ducati leading by a handy 16 points. From his Vision track team mate Christian Iddon. Ducatis going well although Tommy Bridewell has slipped back down the order a bit.

The top four within 19 points with 3 "rounds" to go, I think that means 3 races left to run.

No stupid shootout this year yay!

Congratulations Rory Skinner new BSB supersport champion!!!!
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

That's right Apical, one round consisting of three races ( one on Saturday, two on Sunday) at the glorious Brands Hatch GP circuit. I'm absolutely gutted though that fans will not be allowed, there is no better circuit in the UK for spectating :(

Although I haven't read back through my posts I'm sure I tipped Brookes for the title and I'm fairly sure he'll bring the goods home although I'd like to see the others trying to mess him up a bit.

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

I've finally caught up on the races.

Shall I point out now that I predicted Brookes for the championship before the season started? Can we just conveniently forget that I revised that opinion after seeing how strong the Hondas and Irwin brothers were after race one. ;) ;) ;)

Iddon is doing better than I expected, and Bridewell not nearly as well. All I can say is: well done Iddon.

Glenn Irwin going down was for me the decider in the championship. It's not that many points, but his lead was being eaten into. Unless he can come back really strong - I think Brookes will have him. And Iddon is close too. One retirement difference between those two...

Only three races and one weekend to go.

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

Smiths Racing to step down from racing

https://www.iomttraces.com/news/racing/ ... cing-oct20

Twice the team has had riders win the British Supersport championship and had success on the roads with Gary Johnson and Peter Hickman.

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

Final round and after the first race any of the top 4 can win
Would love to see iddon get it
However I think the yamaha will just about edge it for ohalloran

Been a good year for the racing though

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

I've just seen the highlights. Yep, after the first race of the weekend it looked pretty open.

** Spoilers ***

But, Brookes then utterly smashed it with his two wins. That's how to seal the deal. I'll now go back to my pre-season prediction of a Brookes championship, and pretend that my changes of mind throughout the season didn't exist.

The regulations seems to be working given that the bikes look pretty close. For a short while it looked as if the Hondas would dominate, but that was a bit of a flash in the pan and both riders fell off a bit too often. Certainly they were exciting racers with a fair number of tough passes.

I was disappointed with Bridewell's performance, and he seems have gone backwards this year. Iddon's signing in hindsight looks good and I wildly guess that he will be tougher competition for Brookes next year. Though, with the bikes being close, who knows which bikes will set the pace next year.

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Great championship this year and can't wait for next. Hopefully we can get in and hopefully a bit of top end gets knocked off the Ducati!!

MiniNinjaMk5

Post by MiniNinjaMk5 »

Yep agree with that.

Great riding from Brookes who I think deserved the championship, got the results when he needed them most.

Glenn Irwin made a step up and the new Honda is doing better in BSB than in WSBK. Next year should be interesting.

Fingers crossed for a normal calendar next year and being able to attend a few of the races.

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

A normal calendar would be nice. But, I occasionally check what is being said in the comments sections on tabloid newspapers. My hopes for a resolution to covid-19 are not high.

For next year, I'd like to see something upset the order. BMW come up with a cracker of a bike and everyone else is scrabbling to keep up?

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

I agree Fingernails, I'd be surprised if things are sorted completely by means of vaccination.

That said, surely to the almighty Lord Jesus Christ some fans will be allowed in!!! Donington and Brands are hundreds of acres in size and outside venues for goodness sakes.