No April Fool

Talk about all things motorcycling and non-motorcycling, not directly related to racing. No Politics.
bikermike

No April Fool

Post by bikermike »

probably sensible

but I was wondering about concocting one that had the TT moved to the beginning of the Manx, with a MotoGP round thrown in...

Does anyone remember the one from 2(?) years ago about the TT to be run anti-clockwise?

AntG23985

Re: No April Fool

Post by AntG23985 »

bikermike wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:28 am
probably sensible

but I was wondering about concocting one that had the TT moved to the beginning of the Manx, with a MotoGP round thrown in...

Does anyone remember the one from 2(?) years ago about the TT to be run anti-clockwise?
Funnily enough that is something that has been considered this year.

My favourite April Fool from the bike world came last year when it was announced that Phil Crowe would be riding in the British Motostars series.

bikermike

Post by bikermike »

AntG23985 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:31 pm
bikermike wrote:
probably sensible

My favourite April Fool from the bike world came last year when it was announced that Phil Crowe would be riding in the British Motostars series.
Proof there is nothing so strange as fact...

Love the one about Phil Crowe - how many bikes would he get? (for those who don't follow British Riding, Phil is of fuller habit than is generally considered apposite for 125s/Moto3 etc. Nice bloke though. Once went past me on a track day at Hall Bends on a combination of grass and kerb. still left me plenty of room)

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

bikermike wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:51 am
AntG23985 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:31 pm
bikermike wrote:
probably sensible

Proof there is nothing so strange as fact...

Love the one about Phil Crowe - how many bikes would he get? (for those who don't follow British Riding, Phil is of fuller habit than is generally considered apposite for 125s/Moto3 etc. Nice bloke though. Once went past me on a track day at Hall Bends on a combination of grass and kerb. still left me plenty of room)
Yeah he's a great guy, I don't know if you listen to the podcast Chasin' The Racin' with Chrissy Rouse and Dominic Herbertson but there was an episode of that where they had James Whitham as a guest and he was describing the first time he met Phil during a track day at Cadwell and just said "this THING came flying past me" :lol: