British Cycling

Talk about all things motorcycling and non-motorcycling, not directly related to racing. No Politics.
Schwantz34

British Cycling

Post by Schwantz34 »

Not sure if anyone is into cycling, but way back at the start of Team Sky I got right into it and Wiggo mania when he won the TdF in 2012. I believed they were doing it clean as per their motto and then when the Fancy Bears released details of him getting a TUE ( exemption to use what would normally be a banned substance) after I had read his book which says he was in great health it all started falling apart. Then there was the jiffy bag scandal and now the trial of the team doctor which has just left their credibility in tatters.

Very very sad, but money and power breed corruption in all walks of life :(

warthog1

Re: British Cycling

Post by warthog1 »

Yeah, really keen cyclist. I watch Le Tour and the tour down under. Not alot else.
Prefer just to ride.
In an event as physically demanding as a grand tour, which such money involved, I am under no illusions that performance enhancing substances aren't being used by some, I don't let it define the event for me though.
It is cleaner than it was, and oro cyclists are amongst the most tested athletes on the planet, there is still an element of it in the peleton.

Mikesbytes

Re: British Cycling

Post by Mikesbytes »

I was a track racing and have taken medals at NSW State and Australian National levels. I've also been the finals at the world championships. All Masters levels. I'm currently retired but might make a return 8-)

For a person with a cycling racing background I'm pretty slack at following/watching cycling racing :oops:
My signature isn't particularly interesting