Ice Speedway Gladiators

Talk about all things motorcycling and non-motorcycling, not directly related to racing. No Politics.
Schwantz34

Ice Speedway Gladiators

Post by Schwantz34 »

Hi all, new to the forum and thought I'd maybe introduce a different motorcycle sport to the table. Over the last 4 years I've acquainted myself with the Ice Speedway Gladiators series first of all watching online and the last 3 years watching in the flesh. It really is spectacular stuff, lean angles that Marquez would be proud of, thrills and spills all the way.

A cheap flight to Amsterdam or Munich and you're 90 minutes away from Heerenveen or Inzell. Inzell in particular has a great atmosphere, I'd thoroughly recommend it

Schwantz34

Re: Ice Speedway Gladiators

Post by Schwantz34 »

Rookie mistake, should probably be in the off tarmac section!! :? :lol:

kenup283

Post by kenup283 »

Welcome and thanks for posting up. I no idea this stuff was so close to Munich.... I guess I always assumed wrongly it being a more northern thing :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q8JgdQ2JXtk

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Thanks kenup, the proximity to Munich is very handy but Inzell is nestled in the beautiful Bavarian alps and best of all the beer is awesome!!

Apical

Post by Apical »

Welcome and thanks for posting Schwantz 34. I no idea that Heerenveen was so close to Assen. Didn't know much about Ice speedway either. Maybe next time.
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

The year before I first went the Dutch round was actually held at an ice hall in Assen, it's been raised to the ground and as such it's now Heerenveen