The Pedrosa sticker...

Talk about all things motorcycling and non-motorcycling, not directly related to racing. No Politics.
Tourn46

The Pedrosa sticker...

Post by Tourn46 »

This probably doesn't really deserve its own thread, but it's light hearted and it amused me...

If you are to drive through Aberdeen, you'll see a lot of kids on mopeds with their Rossi replica helmets, most sports bikes have "The Doctor" stickers on them somewhere... there's vans that drive around with the fluorescent '46' stuck on them... I've never seen anything relating to another rider.

However, recently I moved office, the new one hasn't got enough parking so if you're later than 8:00am to arrive, you end up having to go around the corner to a gravel car park that's basically shared by all the offices in the estate... anyway, on the occasions I've arrived late, always parked in this car park is a beat up, rusty, horrible pale blue, 15 year old Fiesta.
To my surprise, this Fiesta has a "26 Pedrosa" sticker in the back window... in fact it literally takes up the WHOLE of the back window. It did amuse me as it looked very out of place in this car, but it also intrigued me as to who owned it.

Unfortunately, no matter what time I got to that car park in the morning, the car was already there and when I returned to it in the evening, it would already be gone. After going to a midwife appointment with my lady yesterday I arrived later than usual... was getting my things together in the car to go into the office and someone walked over to the 'Pedrosa Fiesta'... it was a 70 year old (I am guessing), little old lady... silver hair, cardigan... just your bog standard old woman.
As I got out of my car... me being me... I said "I like your sticker" (half expecting her to say it was already in the car when she got it or something). During the next 45 minutes I was told that along with Pedrosa being the "cutest little thing in the world", that he would have won the championship this year had it not been for Simoncelli (she did say she was sad about his death), that I was a glory hunter because I said I was a fan of Rossi along with numerous stories of her biking adventures... and how even now her grandson takes her out on his Fireblade that is in Repsol colours - and she HAS a replica Dani Pedrosa helmet!

It just goes to show that you can simply never stereotype a MotoGP fan! I felt well and truly put in my place about anything to do with motorcycles and MotoGP. She is the Oracle, seriously and I wish she was my Nan!

Gustav O

Re: The Pedrosa sticker...

Post by Gustav O »

That is a cool story! 8-)

rumerz

Post by rumerz »

"bog standard old woman"

So she wasn't equipped with any electronics such as a pacemaker, hearing aid, morphine pump?

Great story.

phil

Post by phil »

Good story indeed. :)
However...
Tourn46 wrote:... he would have won the championship this year had it not been for Simoncelli ...
Did you not think to mention that other fella, what's his name...err...Stoner...Casey Stoner??
Regardless it has to beat harping on about WW2 and 1966.
I can see Dani bouncing on her knee now as she tells him a soothing bed time story. ;)

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

phil wrote:Did you not think to mention that other fella, what's his name...err...Stoner...Casey Stoner??
Nope.
rumerz wrote:"
So she wasn't equipped with any electronics such as a pacemaker, hearing aid, morphine pump?
I didn't think it was wise to frisk her. I've heard stories about old ladies carrying cattle prods.