Show us your lid....

Talk about all things motorcycling and non-motorcycling, not directly related to racing. No Politics.
Pantah

Show us your lid....

Post by Pantah »

I dont know if this is as exciting as showing everyone their bike,but I guess like our bike,we are easily identified by our helmets.........
The reason I think about this as Im buying my soon to be 4 year old her first helmet for her birthday....She wants a pink one with some popular Japanese character on it........
When I was a boy and got my first bike in 1975 there was no helmet....We rode everywhere without one......? on the farm ,local roads etc etc ...this was ok until a local kid bought the farm(was killed in an accident) on his 15th birthday..........Things changed (and rightly so....) after that unfortunate day..........So I think about that and obviously my kiddie needs a lid!
Anyway GP riders are constantly comming out with fresh designs..........
My friend painted up my Shoei helmet for me about 10 years ago.A combination of my art and his design......I dont wear it these days....just sits on the shelf.
I do want another helmet and would like to have my art on it...........
How about you lot? Anything interesting or unusual....?

Richo

Re: Show us your lid....

Post by Richo »

Interesting helmet Pantah. My helmet is rather boring being just black and grey and certainly doesn't stand out from the crowd.

Interesting about standing out though as we were discussing this at a recent track day with some mates about helmets that stand out. We were trying to pick out (from the sidelines) others we knew out on the track, and the only guy we could reliably pick out was the guy who had an all white helmet. All the fancy coloured ones just blended in with the rest, whilst the white one stood out remarkably well.

Geonerd

Post by Geonerd »

A plain white helmet! Where can I find one, please? :lol:

After having not ridden in ages, my project bike, an old GPz, is coming along and I'm starting to look at helmets and jackets. The local store has a wide variety of lids, all of which look like a cut-scene from a Michael Bay movie = Visual diarrhea. Blech! Where can I find a calm design with one or two colors and perhaps some simple graphics? Guess I'll have to try the other stores in the area...

Pantah

Post by Pantah »

You can get plain white or black here in Japan..........Red and blue are also available I think...A helmet purchased in Japan cant legally be used in Australia......Im not sure about Europe or the USA...?

Geonerd

Post by Geonerd »

I'm sure I'll find something appropriate.
This old fart was just having a minor rant at the cheesy (IMO) graphics that are so popular. ;)

Pantah

Post by Pantah »

Im not much for getting around with the same design as lots of other people,thats why I was happy to let my friend paint mine...........
My day to day helmet is plain black......Ive been using it for a few years now,and I reckon its time to be replaced......

JanBros

Post by JanBros »

I don't like the current motorcycle helmets, I much prefer the Formula 1 designs. Current helmets look like artwork when holding them in your hands, but they all change into one blury colour once they are "on track" and seen from a distance. I believe one should be able to recognise anybody bye his helmet immediatly, even if they are 50 or 100m away.

This was my helmet design :

before that, is was just yellow with the triangles. But when I putted a helmet on my bike, I thought it would be fun to have the same design on my head.

But I found it to be to "plain", so I added the triangles again. It's not a "brilliant design", but it's unique and one can immediatly recognise it amongst everyone else :)

Planning on painting my bikes just yellow in the future, so will have to come up with something new again .
Bi-stroker Parallelus Bi-cylindricus

chadwick

Post by chadwick »

Here's mine, Shark RSI RdP replica. Most comfortable helmet I've ever had.