Racing in Britain 2020

Talk about national motorcycle racing series: AMA, BSB, Australian or Japanese Superbikes, IDM, CIV, CEV, Irish Road Racing, TT, whatever takes your fancy.
Schwantz34

Racing in Britain 2020

Post by Schwantz34 »

With today's media reports about the proposed length of social distancing I'd be surprised if any of us get to see live racing this year :( I fear that BSB might not happen at all and that WSB and Moto GP will be closed door affairs at best

kenup283

Re: Racing in Britain 2020

Post by kenup283 »

I’m buggered that track days and local club races all canceled too. I naively thought we’d be good. Of course reality is liability insurance all pulled plug and even simple stuff like small private track days and races got axed.

So not even the hold harmless waiver we sign that says I could die from someone else’s gross negligence is enough I suppose....

bikermike

Post by bikermike »

in a word, no. You can't exclude liability for death or personal injury. There are lots of good reasons for that, but it does make organising dangerous activities tricky.

Lots of things later in the year will be lost simply because current licences will lapse. (and that's before you get to the fun of trying to get ambulance/medical resources to cover anything)

We'll just have to hope it's all blown over by September and have one massive omni-race to decide everything... :D

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

I don't think we'll see any racing either, it's important that we keep as much strain away from the NHS as possible so all these big events whether it be sports, concerts or festivals which require medical staff to be on site need to be postponed or cancelled so the medical staff can be used in the pandemic crisis.

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

Manx Grand Prix is officially cancelled now.