Plenty of action this weekend

Talk about national motorcycle racing series: AMA, BSB, Australian or Japanese Superbikes, IDM, CIV, CEV, Irish Road Racing, TT, whatever takes your fancy.
Apical

Plenty of action this weekend

Post by Apical »

After a two month lay off for world SBK & a long break for winter for the Australian championship, it's all happening this weekend.

WSBK: Portimao Portugal 6-8 September
ASBK Winton Benalla Vic Aust. 6-8 September
BSB Oulton Park U.K. 6-8 September
MotoAmerica New Jersey USA 7 September

Yeeha. Have been planning on traveling to Winton for ASBK. Weather looks sub-optimal, cool to cold, wet & windy.
The shortest route for me is over the mountains, where snow is predicted for the next few days.
So I won't be riding over the Snowy mountains. May drive. One racer has offered me a free ticket. :-)

ASBK will be on the tele, 2 hours of highlights & some live coverage.

WSBK I can see with the videopass & the reporting on MotoMatters is first rate.

BSB & MotoAmerica we will get the results etc, later.

Should be a fun weekend. What say you ?
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson

AntG23985

Re: Plenty of action this weekend

Post by AntG23985 »

I'll be at Oulton Park tomorrow and Sunday, it's only an hour away from me, weather's looking good for the weekend too though it'll be a bit wet in practice today.

I'll also be following the results from Killalane, the last Irish National Road Races of the year.

Apical

Post by Apical »

Action aplenty. Oh yes!
Tommy Bridewell, takes his first win for Oxford racing Ducati in BSB. 3rd win in 6 seasons of BSB afaik.
Scott Redding grabs another victory.
Peter Hickman & Tarran Mackenzie confirmed as "title fighters" in the rather odd showdown stage.
Both Be Wiser Ducatis, Redding & Josh Brookes in that top six as well as Danny Buchan.
Bradley Ray getting some better results, including a podium, 2nd.
Next round Assen, S.R.45 could do well there.

Jonathan Rea wins two races.
Alvaro Bautista wins again after his huge form reversal now only 91 points behind Rea in the chip.
Chaz Davies, a second, tenth & sixteenth, what's up with Chaz this year?
Ana Carasco grabs another podium. Still 3rd mathematically possible to win the title but unlikely.
Next round for World SBK, Magny Cours France.

ASBK Wayne Maxwell & Mike Jones share the wins in two races, race 2 marred by red flags, wind & rain.
Half points for race two mean Maxwell wins the round.
Mike Jones & DesmoSport Ducati still leading the championship on the twin cylinder panigale.
Next round for ASBK, Phillip Island.

MotoAmerica...still a day behind.
And their website is not the best.
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson

Apical

MotoAmerica last weekend

Post by Apical »

Road racing world has the MotoAmerica news, thanks MotoMatters.

Garrett Gerloff a win & did not start, ruled unfit to race.
Cameron Beaubier a win & a second.
JD Beach a second & a third.
Toni Elias 4th in both races. Still leads the championship.

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Great to see young Bradley Ray up the sharp end on the Suzuki at Oulton, I'm heading to Brands in October for the showdown finale. Can't wait, hoping for great weather and even better acing :D