Ulster Grand Prix(Spoilers)

Talk about national motorcycle racing series: AMA, BSB, Australian or Japanese Superbikes, IDM, CIV, CEV, Irish Road Racing, TT, whatever takes your fancy.
Fingernails

Re: Ulster Grand Prix(Spoilers)

Post by Fingernails »

Thanks. I'll have a look through those.

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

Schwantz34 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:38 pm
I read today clerk of the course Noel Johnston has resigned, he believes under the right management the race can continue and if that happens wouldn't rule out a return. Suggests to me he has no faith in the current management team
There's rumours been going around recently that somebody stumped up the money to save it on the condition that the current committee stepped down, they refused so the offer was withdrawn.

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

If true that's absolutely outrageous, read about the winding up order on BBC yesterday :(

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

Schwantz34 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:13 am
If true that's absolutely outrageous, read about the winding up order on BBC yesterday :(
Yep, it says to me that there is somebody willing to save it but they have no faith in the current committee and don't want their investment "disappearing"

I'm not 100% downbeat about it as there was a point I thought Scarborough was gone for good after the Auto66 went bust but Mick Grant, Eddie Roberts and their team have done a great job in bringing it back. So as long as there's people with a passion for the Ulster and people willing to back it financially it's not all lost yet, it just might take a while longer especially with the current Covid-19 situation.

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

I saw on BBC a few days ago that talks are underway to secure the events future with a new sponsor secured and willing to stump up the cash. Fingers crossed and given the situation just now it seems highly positive that at a time of uncertainty this sponsor is prepared to come up with the goods