British Superbikes 2019

Talk about national motorcycle racing series: AMA, BSB, Australian or Japanese Superbikes, IDM, CIV, CEV, Irish Road Racing, TT, whatever takes your fancy.
Apical

Re: British Superbikes 2019

Post by Apical »

Scott Redding not having it all go his way at Brands Hatch, SR's teammate Josh Brookes took pole & won race 1.

Tommy Bridewell 2nd on the oxford racing Ducati.

Redding power45 3rd, another all Ducati podium.

Two races to go Josh Brookes 19 points behind Scott Redding, anything could happen!*

As the late, great Nicky Hayden put it: “That’s why we line up on Sunday – you never know what’s going to happen."

* Brookesy, Bridewell or Scott Redding; the new champion will be on a Ducati, that much we know already.

Leon Camier ? anyone hear or read anything solid regarding Leon's future? May go back to BSB or the possibility of a ride on the Barni Ducati?
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson

Apical

Redding British Superbike Champion 2019

Post by Apical »

Congratulations Scott Redding worthy champion. Another title for Ducati

Three wins for Josh Brookes not quite enough to change the outcome of the championship.

Three podiums for Tommy Bridewell.

Three all Ducati podiums at the final round.
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

A great career bounce back for redding
He has proved his many doubters wrong. And done it while showing good consistency
Looking forward to see how he goes with full electronics next year

He definitely needs the launch control his starts in bsb were poor

Roll up n the bsb silly season

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

My pre-season pick for the championship was Brookes. However, I'm pleased to see Redding win even though I was a 'doubter' :)

In Moto2 he had a big lead in the championship but lost out to Espagaro. The main thing that could have lost him the championship this time would be a DNF in even one race. See Haslam two years ago. Scott's brace of podiums is what he needed, and he got them despite his qualifying woes. Brookes did everything he could, but it wasn't enough. This is a pattern I've seen before. The person with the lead needs to play it relatively safe, and the person chasing goes all out.

I wish Redding well in the WSBK championship. And, I guess that I'll be able to make another pre-season prediction of Brookes for BSB champion next year - though we'll see what happens in testing.