British Superbikes 2019

Talk about national motorcycle racing series: AMA, BSB, Australian or Japanese Superbikes, IDM, CIV, CEV, Irish Road Racing, TT, whatever takes your fancy.
Fingernails

Re: British Superbikes 2019

Post by Fingernails »

That was really impressive by Andrew Irwin. I haven't been too impressed by the Irwin brothers and though that Andrew was the lesser rider out of the two in BSB. (I haven't seen anything of the third Irwin brother.) However, Andrew clearly sorted out his bike extremely well, and rode equally well to win.

I'm not sure I understand yet exactly what Scott did wrong in the second race, having only seen highlights, but he's still in the lead of the championship. (Checks), Oh, Scott bypassed a chicane and obtained an advantage. Fair enough.

bikermike

Post by bikermike »

Given the number of foot-in-mouth incidents from Scott in the last few years of MotoGP and lack of results, I have to say I predicted he'd get swallowed back up by the BSB pack. I think I've been pretty solidly proven wrong. Once he found his winning trousers, apart from the penalty at Thruxton, has he been off the podium at all?

What's the WSB story BTW? It may well be a better route for him, he made quite frequent references to struggling to keep his weight down in the junior classes.

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

Sad to see Danny Kent putting himself in a position to be sacked
Especially for such a stupid thing
I don’t think he will be back on a bike anytime soon
What a waisted tallent

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

Vmax666 wrote:Sad to see Danny Kent putting himself in a position to be sacked
Especially for such a stupid thing
I don’t think he will be back on a bike anytime soon
What a waisted tallent
Game over... What an absolute tool.

bikermike

Post by bikermike »

Jeez, that is Olympic-level muppetry

JOOI, I wonder if he's had many bangs on the head? One of the things that frontal lobe damage does is take away ability to think through the consequences of things. It's been speculated that this has a lot to do with the trouble American Footballers seem to find themselves in. Mind you, professional sport of any sort seems to screw hardest those that shine brightly for a short time.

I hope he pulls out of this spiral before he ends up doing the full Gobert.

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

Good to see the return of Bradley Ray. I hope he can keep that up in the race.

Glenn Irwin still well ahead of both JG Speedfit riders. I'm not sure the problem with Irwin on the Kwaka was the rider.

Seeing the news about Kent was a real eye-opener. Serious WTF?

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

Is this the time to remind people that before the season started I said that Brookes was in a good position to take the championship this year?

Apical

Post by Apical »

Yes Fingernails you were correct. Josh Brookes is going very well this year. Since he lost that waxed mustache in my opinion.

"King of the mountain" at Cadwell with a win & a second place.

Looks like Bradley Ray had two tough races, not in the top 20 according to what I've seen.

https://www.britishsuperbike.com/

Danny Buchan takes another win in race 1.

The Ducatis are this season's usual suspects again, Tommy Bridewell, Brookesy & Scott Redding, they are in the "shootout"

Scott Redding had a dnf due to an incident with Andrew Irwin on the Honda. a bit more info in this piece.

https://www.britishsuperbike.com/news/k ... well-park/
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

I've caught up after having been travelling during the recent weekend.

Interesting racing @ Oulton Park. It looks to be down to the Be Wiser riders unless something unexpected happens, but I think it's very close between Brookes and Redding. I might as well stick to my pre-season prediction of Brookes, but I note the observations that the final shootout tracks will give Redding a very good shot at the title.

It's surprising that Redding can win one race, but not be able to stick with the leaders in a later race on the same day. What makes the difference? I noticed Redding talking about his confidence in the tyres in one race, which he noticed on the warm-up lap. That sounds to be quite a bit of tyre variation between different sets.

Three races, three different Ducati riders, out of three in total I think, take the wins. That's a dominant bike.

Good to see Bradley back at the front. No more playing The Lemonheads 'It's a Shame About Ray' any more.

I've forgotten who hit a slowing bike, half-ripped the exhaust pipe off, and continued riding. Was it Glenn Irwin? Weird accident, in any case.

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Being a Scotsman I'm hoping young Tarran McKenzie can put the cat among the pigeons or the Yamaha amongst the Ducatis title wise. As you say Fingernails it was great to see young Brad Ray back on it, I was worrying for him after the terrible start to his season. Plus as my name suggests I've got a soft spot for the old Suzuki!!!

It was Andy Irwin who clattered Christian Iddon who's bike had conked out and was grinding to a halt, that could have been a seriously nasty accident.

Looking forward to the showdown and making my annual pilgrimage to Brands Hatch for the final. Love that place, although they've wrecked the viewing round the GP loop as of last year :( :( :(

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

Clean sweep with two clear wins to Scott Redding, with no-one else even scoring two podiums. That's a serious statement to start the shoot-out with.

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

I fear Redding is going to stroll this, he is super strong at Donington. It's already just between him and Brookes, that Ducati is just so good

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

Schwantz34 wrote:I fear Redding is going to stroll this, he is super strong at Donington. It's already just between him and Brookes, that Ducati is just so good
I agree, except that I don't think it's anything to fear. Scott landing on his feet, winning the championship at first try, and then going to bigger and better things perhaps in WSBK would be an interesting year in BSB.

My prediction is that Brookes is not out for the count yet. Donington on paper is going to be a Redding track, but let's wait and see. If Brookes can strike back at Donington, then he'd definitely be in for a shot at the championship.

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

I think it’s good to show that the riders who haven’t gone through the traditional route can still be fast in bsb
Having done all his riding in Spain and MotoGP dropping into bsb on tracks he has never ridden shows how good he is and that he needed this year to reset and get his confidence back
You only have to look how Danny Kent’s Career has gone to show not all riders can adapt to different racing

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

I'm still not sure exactly how Danny Kent got from Moto3 champion to where he is now.

After his disappointment in Moto2 and then his MotoGP career not going where perhaps it could have gone, it's good to see Redding applying himself in BSB and reaping some rewards. He could have become embittered and be thinking he is too good for this, and not being.

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Kent did ok with Halsall Suzuki at the end of last year but agreeing to ride that skip of an MV was a bad choice, possibly only second to carrying a knife when collecting a " debt."

I think next year that Redding will be a podium contender but honestly I don't see him beating Rea ie in the championship, not sure how 2021 will pan out

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

Schwantz34 wrote: I think next year that Redding will be a podium contender but honestly I don't see him beating Rea ie in the championship, not sure how 2021 will pan out
Who else do you think could do a better job for Ducati in WSBK? Given that Batista appears to be leaving, I'm not sure who is a better option for Ducati. It may take Redding a couple of years to learn how to challenge Rea, but I see no better options.

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Honestly I think they have shot themselves in the foot releasing Bautista, at least in the short term. I know he had a terrible few rounds but the injury at Laguna was the nail in the coffin and let's not forget he absolutely trounced everyone in the first 11 races.

If we ignore wage demands Alvaro and Chaz Davies or Leon Camier who I rate very highly might be better. Still I think Redding will get it together properly for 2021 or 2022 although if Rea is still about I still struggle to see Scott being champ.

All supposition though, let's wait and see :D

Apical

Post by Apical »

Donington Park the penultimate round for 2019.

Scott Redding takes pole position from Josh Brookes and joining the Be Wiser Ducs on the front row BRADLEY RAY !!

https://www.britishsuperbike.com/news/r ... -position/

Fourth Luke Mossey, two Suzukis in the top 4.

Tommy Bridewell 7th about nine tenths off pole position. I expect Tommy to do better in the races.

Scott Redding 45 is my pick to win the championship. I'd prefer to see Tommy Bridewell win the chip, hoping TB 46 will win another race.
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

Redding quite dominant today and again brooks looks and sounds defeated in his interviews
BRIDEWELL looks good for a full challenge next year though.

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

Redding looks unstoppable. Unless something weird happens. Weird things do of course happen, and not that infrequently.

Bridewell is doing well. I haven't been following the news. Will he move to the factory team? Not that there is anything particularly wrong with the Oxford Racing Ducati that I can see.

Josh Brookes, my pre-season pick for the championship, certainly does look quite resigned.

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

I am sure I read bridewell has already re-signed with his current team for next year
Also brooks staying at pbm
Jack Kennedy moving up from ss600 could be interesting if he gets a good team
Honda could be the dark horse for next year if the bike is as good as they say it will be

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Jack Kennedy announced to partner Dan Linfoot at Santander Salt Yamaha.

I believe that Honda may be the Irwin brothers next year ( Andy and Glenn).

I'm hoping that Haslam and or Camier come back to BSB next year and stop Brookes running away wit it

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

Who will get the second PBM seat?

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

My money is on Leon Camier although I'm not sure what the script is with Shakey Byrne.