TT 2019

Talk about national motorcycle racing series: AMA, BSB, Australian or Japanese Superbikes, IDM, CIV, CEV, Irish Road Racing, TT, whatever takes your fancy.
AntG23985

Re: TT 2019

Post by AntG23985 »

John got out on the Norton lightweight in practice but didn't start either race, he did take the Norton superbike out in the only superbike race and finished 11th. Knowing John and his dislike for dodgy conditions he'll have been pretty happy with that.

I honestly can't see him running anywhere near winning pace at the TT though, I think top 5 would be more realistic and a really good result considering the opposition. The problem with the Norton is that it isn't eligible for any major racing series and is only allowed to enter the TT and North West on a special dispensation from the organisers so John can't get as much competitive riding done as the likes of Hickman and Harrison.

This years races seem hard to predict, I think Hickman and Harrison will definitely be up there and based on his showing at the North West in both dry and wet conditions, Hillier is going to be in the mix as well, Lee Johnston could definitely be a contender on a Supersport machine, he won the first supersport race at the North West and has been running in the top 6 in the British championships. Hutchy seems quietly confident even though his North West results weren't that great he seemed happy enough when interviewed, Michael Dunlop can never be written off although he is nursing an injured wrist at the moment.

Davey Todd could be a dark horse in the supersport class riding for Padgetts, I'd also love to see Conor Cummins win one I really would.

Who am I cheering for though? That's easy, it's big Phil Crowe :)

bikermike

Post by bikermike »

Water water everywhere, and not a day to race! (with apologies to Coleridge...)
Saturday racing moved to Sunday to give practice time.
Dean Harrison looking fast in the time available. Hutchinson fallen off the Honda (that bike is getting to be a bit crash-happy for the roads isn't it?)

stay safe everyone and dry those socks out for race week...

bikermike

Post by bikermike »

splash...

bikermike

Post by bikermike »

5 race day!! :shock:

Isle of Man TT

Verified account

@iom_tt
14h
14 hours ago

More
Thursday:
11.30 roads close

11.50 Senior/stock practice

1235 2 lap Supersport race

1350 2 lap sidecar race

1455 3 lap Superstock race

1830 2 lap Lightweight race

1920 TT zero race

2000 1 lap Senior Practice #iomtt2019

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

The guy I know who does sidecars has posted that the sidecar race has been cancelled. Not good for him to do all that preparation, travel, accom etc for nix
My signature isn't particularly interesting

bikermike

Post by bikermike »

Sorry to hear that.

Did he get out in race 1?

bikermike

Post by bikermike »

second slidey race is on now - I hope your mate got out...

bikermike

Post by bikermike »

3 in a week for Hickman. If he won the lightweight tonight that would be 3 in a day. Is that unprecedented?

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

The sidecars have raced. I'm a bit confused, it looks like he wasn't racing himself, someone else racing with his GF as the passenger. She fell off at 160kph and has got away with a broken wrist and some bruises

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MSGSide ... tn__=kCH-R
My signature isn't particularly interesting

bikermike

Post by bikermike »

sidecars never make sense...
Hope they had a good time (broken bits notwithstanding) and will come back next year.

Harrison gets the Senior after Hickman has engine troubles in the closing 2 laps.
I wonder what would have happened if he'd had a few more full-distance races in the week, maybe that would have been found out beforehand. Still, good win for Harrison

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

Hickmans superbike has had issues for the entire fortnight which is why he ran the superstock bike in the superbike race, he wanted to run it in the Senior but because he won the superstock the day before they didn't get the bike back from the scrutineers until it was too late so he had to run the troublesome superbike.

I'm happy for Harrison though, he should have had a big bike win last year but technical problems put him out while holding a big lead.

bikermike

Post by bikermike »

I knew about the superbike problems (I think he ran superstock engine in superbike suspension for the first superbike race?), but I didn't know about the scrutineering bit.

Still a good win for Deano, he's had the speed for some time, but never quite managed to convert it into an equivalent number of wins.