BSB live on Quest TV in the UK plus online coverage

Talk about national motorcycle racing series: AMA, BSB, Australian or Japanese Superbikes, IDM, CIV, CEV, Irish Road Racing, TT, whatever takes your fancy.

BSB live on Quest TV in the UK plus online coverage

Postby OnAnySunday on Thu May 26, 2016 2:42 pm

Last weekend I discovered that the UK Freeview channel Quest had started terrestrial re-broadcasting of Sky's coverage of the Brands Hatch Indy circuit round of the BSB championship. What's more, at the end of the programme, (which had included all the support races right down to the KTM juniors), they announced they'd be showing the WSBK Donington races live too. There's quite a long wait till the next BSB round, during which daily round ups of the TT races will be available on ITV4, but the racing can still be viewed for the following week on Quest's catch-up service, available via their website. It's possible to watch Quest programmes live on their website too, so even if you can't get UK Freeview channels in your country, you may still be able to watch the racing live with the aid of a VPN if your IP address falls outside their permitted range. (N.B. Opera are planning to add built-in VPN capability to their browser in the near future.)

Quest deserve a lot of credit if they've decided to show the rest of the season of these two great series. I contacted them via their website to congratulate them and show my support. The more people who do so, the greater the chance of their coverage continuing and expanding in future. They've obviously come to some sort of arrangement with Sky, so they might be able to cut a deal with Dorna/BT and return motorcycle GP coverage to terrestrial TV as well. So spread the news on any relevant sites you visit. If we can generate a significant hike in Quest's viewing figures and/or site traffic during the races, they may realise that the potential ad revenues make it worth promoting motorcycle sport and lead to a virtuous circle of increased coverage and wider audiences. Motorsport race fans who've become jaded by the snorefest that is F1 may stumble upon the exciting racing of these Superbike series and become two-wheel converts overnight.

[WSBK's Donington round on Quest starts at 11:00hrs on Saturday 29th June.]
OnAnySunday

Re: BSB live on Quest TV in the UK plus online coverage

Postby JohnWebley on Sat May 28, 2016 9:29 pm

OnAnySunday wrote:Last weekend I discovered that the UK Freeview channel Quest had started terrestrial re-broadcasting of Sky's coverage of the Brands Hatch Indy circuit round of the BSB championship. What's more, at the end of the programme, (which had included all the support races right down to the KTM juniors), they announced they'd be showing the WSBK Donington races live too. There's quite a long wait till the next BSB round, during which daily round ups of the TT races will be available on ITV4, but the racing can still be viewed for the following week on Quest's catch-up service, available via their website. It's possible to watch Quest programmes live on their website too, so even if you can't get UK Freeview channels in your country, you may still be able to watch the racing live with the aid of a VPN if your IP address falls outside their permitted range. (N.B. Opera are planning to add built-in VPN capability to their browser in the near future.)

Quest deserve a lot of credit if they've decided to show the rest of the season of these two great series. I contacted them via their website to congratulate them and show my support. The more people who do so, the greater the chance of their coverage continuing and expanding in future. They've obviously come to some sort of arrangement with Sky, so they might be able to cut a deal with Dorna/BT and return motorcycle GP coverage to terrestrial TV as well. So spread the news on any relevant sites you visit. If we can generate a significant hike in Quest's viewing figures and/or site traffic during the races, they may realise that the potential ad revenues make it worth promoting motorcycle sport and lead to a virtuous circle of increased coverage and wider audiences. Motorsport race fans who've become jaded by the snorefest that is F1 may stumble upon the exciting racing of these Superbike series and become two-wheel converts overnight.

[WSBK's Donington round on Quest starts at 11:00hrs on Saturday 29th June.]

I think Quest is owned by Discovery. Which also owns Eurosport
Also broadcast on Astra with Sky

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
JohnWebley

Re: BSB live on Quest TV in the UK plus online coverage

Postby Apical on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:12 pm

Hi Lena. Greetings from Australia, Apical
“Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson
Apical

Return to National Series