NO SPOILERS IN THREAD TITLES PLEASE!

Talk about national motorcycle racing series: AMA, BSB, Australian or Japanese Superbikes, IDM, CIV, CEV, Irish Road Racing, TT, whatever takes your fancy.

NO SPOILERS IN THREAD TITLES PLEASE!

Postby Kropotkin on Thu May 29, 2008 9:43 am

The first rule of fight club, or at least the forum here at MotoGPMatters.com, is no spoilers in thread titles! That means that when you post a new topic, you should not post the name of the winner in the topic, or very obvious hints about the outcome of a race. If your topic contains spoilers for a race, then it is also good practice to add the word SPOILER to the topic title as well, just to warn people who haven't yet seen the race.

Not everyone gets to watch the races live, or even close to the race - some TV channels only show the racing several days after the event - so your friends here at MotoGPMatters.com will be eternally grateful if you don't spoil the race for them.

Thanks!
--
http://www.motomatters.com/ - MotoGP News, Analysis and Race Reports
Kropotkin
Site Admin

Re: NO SPOILERS IN THREAD TITLES PLEASE!

Postby Rusty Bucket USA on Thu May 29, 2008 1:37 pm

This weekend will be an extraordinarily severe case of this for we U.S. Americans...
Thanks to the marketing curiosities that are Speed TV, we get to see the AMA and WSBK races in a weird mix of live and tape delayed coverage (since they're all gathered together here in the U.S.) and Super Bikes! and NASCAR.
As nice as that is, an unfortunate side effect is that we don't get to see the Mugello MotoGP race until 10:00PM EDT. (For me, this means waiting until Monday night to watch... I don't know if I can stay away from the site that long. :x )
Of course, we get the upper hand twice this year... ;)
The internal combustion engine was not put on wheels just to rest the horses.
Rusty Bucket USA

Postby phil on Fri May 30, 2008 8:00 pm

Mr Kropotkin,
A superb forum mate, very well done to you and the team(?)
Intelligent debate without the unnecessary wind up merchants.
By a typo my name is motogppphil with an extra p. Could you change it to motogpphil?
If its alot of hassle no worries mate.
Cheers.
Phil.
phil

Postby Greg on Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:09 am

I apologize for putting this here, but there doesn't seem to be a better place around. Could you change the thread lengths to 25 posts? I like it better when I can see more posts per page.
Those who don't think they need to wear a helmet don't.
Greg

Postby RatsMC on Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:19 pm

On another forum I am a member of you can post in gray so that it doesn't show up unless you highlight the text. This allows everyone to post spoilers while anabling people to only read them if they want to.

Unfortunately, gray is not an option for font color on these boards :|
RatsMC

Postby jupiejupe on Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:23 pm

oh that is smart

a reform is a correction of abuse's, a revolution is a change in power. -bulwer-lytton

"the soul belongs to God, but the body belong to us"-rasputin

if we had eggs, we could have ham and eggs, ...if we have ham. - jordan sheline
jupiejupe

Postby Rusty Bucket USA on Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:03 am

RatsMC wrote:On another forum I am a member of you can post in gray so that it doesn't show up unless you highlight the text. This allows everyone to post spoilers while anabling people to only read them if they want to.

This is as close as we can get. (the color is #BFBFBF, which must mean something...)
I still prefer the discipline of only posting spoilers in an agreed location...
The internal combustion engine was not put on wheels just to rest the horses.
Rusty Bucket USA

Postby jupiejupe on Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:03 am

Rusty Bucket USA wrote:This is as close as we can get. (the color is #BFBFBF, which must mean something...)

yeah cause when you get quoted it's a bust, but still it's kinda of trick.

a reform is a correction of abuse's, a revolution is a change in power. -bulwer-lytton

"the soul belongs to God, but the body belong to us"-rasputin

if we had eggs, we could have ham and eggs, ...if we have ham. - jordan sheline
jupiejupe

Postby akhnsx on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:34 am

Hi Kropotkin,

Sorry to post this here but there does not seem to be a right place for it. I'm looking for your advice on where should I post my marketing offer on this forum. Is it ok if I just started a new thread about it?

I'm from a Malaysian motorsports hospitality company and we are promoting our Malaysian MotoGP packages for the upcoming Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix in October. I would like members of this forum to have a look at our offerings and perhaps contact us for arrangements to attend the event.

Perhaps we could even offer a special package or discounts just for your members. I'm thinking a separate email discussion would be better if you prefer, if so do send me an email as soon as possible. I would love to discuss possibilities with you.

Regards/Alvin
akhnsx

Postby Kropotkin on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:19 am

akhnsx wrote:Hi Kropotkin,

Sorry to post this here but there does not seem to be a right place for it. I'm looking for your advice on where should I post my marketing offer on this forum. Is it ok if I just started a new thread about it?

I'm from a Malaysian motorsports hospitality company and we are promoting our Malaysian MotoGP packages for the upcoming Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix in October. I would like members of this forum to have a look at our offerings and perhaps contact us for arrangements to attend the event.

Perhaps we could even offer a special package or discounts just for your members. I'm thinking a separate email discussion would be better if you prefer, if so do send me an email as soon as possible. I would love to discuss possibilities with you.

Regards/Alvin

You should send me an email, and we can talk about how you can advertise on the forum. Alternatively, you can advertise through the Google ads program.

I do appreciate you asking first. When others have come on and advertised without asking, I have been forced to just ban them immediately. Thank you for showing the forum some respect.
--
http://www.motomatters.com/ - MotoGP News, Analysis and Race Reports
Kropotkin
Site Admin

Postby AnOldTimer on Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:05 pm

Rusty Bucket USA wrote:
RatsMC wrote:On another forum I am a member of you can post in gray so that it doesn't show up unless you highlight the text. This allows everyone to post spoilers while anabling people to only read them if they want to.

This is as close as we can get. (the color is #BFBFBF, which must mean something...)

I realize that this is an old thread, and may have been covered elsewhere, but if you use #CCCCCC as your font color, the the text will disappear unless highlighed or quoted. Ie, the background color is #CCCCCC.

Here is the example: (Highlight to read hidden text)

WARNING! SPOILER ALERT!

Sorry if this is redundant.
AnOldTimer

Return to National Series