No BMW ride for Michael Dunlop in 2015

Talk about national motorcycle racing series: AMA, BSB, Australian or Japanese Superbikes, IDM, CIV, CEV, Irish Road Racing, TT, whatever takes your fancy.

No BMW ride for Michael Dunlop in 2015

Postby AntG on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:10 pm

AntG

Re: No BMW ride for Michael Dunlop in 2015

Postby oldboyonrgv on Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:35 am

yea, I am watching with interest!
BMW mottorad seem to have woken up to what Stuart Hicken is doing with Kiyo - I recon we will see that team expanded to a more supported team in 2015 and perhaps Michael Dunlop has the feeling he would be second fiddle?

I also recon TAS have been nosing around as the Suzuki is clearly not in the same league as the Beemers and Kwaks.

I bet some interesting moves are going on at the mo.....
oldboyonrgv

Postby AntG on Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:30 pm

To be honest I don't think MD would be that bothered, he's won on everything he's ridden, even won on a little GSXR600 a couple of years back before he binned it for an R6.

I don't think the GSXR1000 is that bad really, Guy Martin and William Dunlop both won a lot of road races between them on it this year although it seems to be lacking on the short circuits it must be said.
AntG

Postby MiniNinjaMk5 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:01 pm

Not sure it is related but is it still the case the Paul Bird Racing haven't signed with Kawasaki yet for next year? They said on the Eurosport coverage that the bike would be 'not Japanese'. Now, thinking of the options they must surely be thinking of Aprillia (if the manufacturer is reducing factory support for WSB maybe some of the bikes will come down to BSB?)

I also wonder if this is why Bryne has yet to sign with PBR again? If they did something mad like take on Dukes or MV Augusta (or Bimota?!), Byrne probably isn't at the stage of his career where he would be satisfied riding around for top 6 finishes.
MiniNinjaMk5

Postby oldboyonrgv on Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:54 pm

I think Hampshire Motorcycles (Tsingtao) have the MV package Probably MSS in there as well.
BMW are with TAS and Stuart Hicken (Buildbase).

PBM have been deafening with their silence and Shakey is waiting for Paul Bird to show his hand, to my knowledge... Yamaha may well be their option with the new R1.

I don't know if Wilf is going to Run a Ducati team next season though (MOTO-Rapido) or if Millsport are in the frame.

Quite often the deals are sown up at the NEC, so I will know more then :D
oldboyonrgv

Postby AntG on Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:39 am

Well if TAS do link up with BMW how could this affect Kiyo? Anyone know about his options for next year?
AntG

Postby MiniNinjaMk5 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:56 pm

Kiyo has already signed with Buildbase BMW for next year. There was an interview in MCN with Stuart Hicken (boss of the team) about that very question, he reckoned having the 'factory' badge wouldn't make any difference anyway with the current rules format and considering what the team accomplished already in 2014.

What will be interesting is if Kiyo keeps his current form into next year. We could well be in the position of the 'factory' BMW bikes in the TAS team being beaten by the 'privateer' Buildbase bike on a regular basis.
MiniNinjaMk5

Return to National Series