TT 2019

Talk about national motorcycle racing series: AMA, BSB, Australian or Japanese Superbikes, IDM, CIV, CEV, Irish Road Racing, TT, whatever takes your fancy.

TT 2019

Postby Vmax666 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:40 pm

Anyone heard what Dunlop will be doing this year
I hope he carries on but fully understand if not
I did think bmw would announce something with him again
Vmax666

Re: TT 2019

Postby AntG23985 on Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:01 pm

As far as I'm aware Michael has no racing plans for next year as of yet, he's recently bought a bar complex with a business partner in Portstewart and is planning on renovating that in the new year. I personally think he will race again whether it will be next year I'm not sure, TAS Racing haven't announced any riders for the roads in 2019 yet either and they usually field two bikes.

Next year could be very interesting to say the least, Peter Hickman, Dean Harrison, Ian Hutchinson and James Hillier are all staying with their respective teams, I presume Conor Cummins will stay with Padgetts, same for Bruce Anstey depending on his health. McGuinness will be with Norton. No idea what Josh Brookes is doing, he's signed to ride for PBM in BSB and I'm not sure whether the roads are part of the plans for next year, Paul Bird hasn't put a bike out at the TT since 2015, though he does regularly field them at North West 200 and Macau so who knows, it would be great to see a Ducati around the TT again though.
AntG23985

Postby bikermike on Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:57 pm

Crash.net says Dean Harrison on silicone Kawasaki gets factory support this year.
I read somewhere that McGuiness is in discussions with Mervyn White about how to get the Norton in to the NW200 (as a prototype it misses out on the Superbike rules AIUI).

Some sad gaps in the roster, but hopefully some new talent will push through.

On that subject, I hope McGuiness either comes good on the Norton or retires gracefully.
bikermike

Postby AntG23985 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:08 pm

There's some young lads who really impressed last year, Davey Todd, Adam McLean and Dominic Herbertson. Derek McGee while not being as young(32) had a great year last year and he'll definitely be a threat in the lightweight race. As far as I'm aware, there's a seat still at Norton, one at Honda and two at TAS BMW still to be filled and possibly one at Padgetts depending on Bruce Anstey's well being and there's still a few riders yet to confirm anything like Lee Johnston for instance.

Regarding Michael Dunlop his Twitter feed became active again the other day posting a photo of himself in what I assume is a flying lesson(which is a bit of a shock as I remember him in an interview saying he is terrified of flying) and he posted another one selling MD Racing hoardings.
AntG23985

Postby AntG23985 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:59 pm

Michael Dunlop picked up an award posthumously awarded to his late brother William last night and said he has no plans for this year, hasn't sat on a bike since Skerries last July and has opened up a nightclub and taken up flying, said he's going to "sit down and think about what direction to go in"

It must be difficult being who he is sometimes as his surname is so celebrated, I get the impression he will race again simply because he is a Dunlop and he feels like he has to, I hope he makes the right decision for himself and not allow himself to be press-ganged into racing again because with 18 TT wins, 5 NW200 wins, 6 Ulster GP wins, 4 Southern 100 Solo titles, 2013 Scarborough Gold Cup winner and over 100 Irish National road race wins he has absolutely nothing to prove to anyone.
AntG23985

Return to National Series