World supersport 600 in 2020

Talk about the World Superbike series run by FGSport. Including World Superbikes, World Supersport, European Superstock, etc.
Apical

World supersport 600 in 2020

Post by Apical »

There will be an Australian in the 600 supersport world championship this year.

Tom Toparis will ride a Yamaha R6 for almost the full season. The announcement I've seen says the only round Tom will miss is round 1 at Phillip island, would you believe it! I'm hoping that a solution can be found. Hard to believe that Tom T won't be able to ride at Phillip island.
Great to see he has a ride in the world championship.
Tom is still only nineteen. I hope Tom doesn't cut his hair.

https://www.mcnews.com.au/tom-toparis-t ... ro-yamaha/
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson

Mikesbytes

Re: World supersport 600 in 2020

Post by Mikesbytes »

Looks like he's hurt his leg in free practice for the Australian supersport race this weekend. Balysis's son is currently faster but Toparis is OK then he will probably win the race
My signature isn't particularly interesting

Apical

Post by Apical »

Tom Toparis OK in the Aussie supersport race this morning. Finished second just behind Ollie Bayliss.
We have had two good races already today.
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

Oil Bayliss had to hand back his supersport wildcard due to an engine problem they weren't able to fix prior to the race :(

https://www.mcnews.com.au/bayliss-and-c ... -wildcard/

Apical

Post by Apical »

No Krummenacher. Randy has quit the MV Agusta team.

Seems Randy K didn't want to go into the details judging by the statement released.

https://motomatters.com/news/2020/07/10 ... randy.html

Randy Krummenacher 2019 SS600 world champ said " there was only one decision I could make. I cannot say more about my motives at this time, but further details will be communicated in due course"

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

Apical wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:26 am
No Krummenacher. Randy has quit the MV Agusta team.

Seems Randy K didn't want to go into the details judging by the statement released.

https://motomatters.com/news/2020/07/10 ... randy.html

Randy Krummenacher 2019 SS600 world champ said " there was only one decision I could make. I cannot say more about my motives at this time, but further details will be communicated in due course"
That's going to send the press on a witch hunt as everyone is going to want to know exactly why

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

Mikesbytes wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:23 am
[That's going to send the press on a witch hunt as everyone is going to want to know exactly why
https://www.randykrummenacher.com/randy ... 20-season/
Italy 10-07-2020

With this press release, rider Randy Krummenacher confirms his intention to dissolve his contract with MVRC srl, (MV Agusta Reparto Corse) due to serious breaches on the part of the company that compromise both the rider‘s performance as well as his professionalism, reputation and personal integrity.

Krummenacher has sent the company formal notification, in which all the reasons leading to his decision are clearly outlined.

Krummenacher has also moved to inform the competent bodies, responsible for verifying any technical irregularities.

The Supersport 600 World Championship title holder has reached this difficult decision after having carefully evaluated the risks involved in dissolving the agreement, on the one hand, and the values for which he has always stood, professionally and personally-speaking, on the other.

RK: “This is not a pleasant situation and I never wanted any of this. The aim was to fight for the world title once more but unfortunately, the foundations needed to move ahead with the project with MV Agusta Reparto Corse are not there. I have had to take this decision in order to preserve my moral and professional integrity, as well as my safety. Throughout my career, I have always tried to do the right thing, giving it my all in any situation, even the most challenging. But this time there was only one decision I could make. I cannot say more about my motives at this time, but further details will be communicated in due course.”

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

Guessing game commences.... bike/team/lack of development is S*** so better off to sit the year out rather than being seen going backwards. Another guess is that there's something interesting lined up for this year, like who's going to be riding Iannone's Aprilia

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

Seems Krummenacher will be reporting irregulates https://www.mcnews.com.au/krummenacher- ... ood-terms/

bikermike

Post by bikermike »

I'm sure many a racer has seen questionnable things and looked the other way.

This press release smacks of positioning before/during whistleblowers. This could get messy.