Haslam on Honda

Talk about the World Superbike series run by FGSport. Including World Superbikes, World Supersport, European Superstock, etc.
zelot

Haslam on Honda

Post by zelot »

Ron Haslam gets Honda 2020 ride. I suppose he has had plenty of success and is fast enough. Be interesting to see how he compares to Alvaro, and how seriously Honda are taking this. I wonder what electronics package they will use, seeing as Haslam seemed to have a particularly hard time adapting to the Kawasaki electronics this year.

Schwantz34

Re: Haslam on Honda

Post by Schwantz34 »

:lol: Fast forward 35 years, Leon Haslam gets the factory Honda ride!!

I think he'll do OK, no better no worse than normal ie will fight for the occasional podium. Solid rider for the 8 hrs race thouh

zelot

Post by zelot »

Schwantz34 wrote::lol: Fast forward 35 years, Leon Haslam gets the factory Honda ride!!

I think he'll do OK, no better no worse than normal ie will fight for the occasional podium. Solid rider for the 8 hrs race thouh
Oh yeah, Leon, that's the one :lol:

You're right, Suzuka 8Hr will be important for HRC and Leon certainly has the experience.

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

Honda must be looking for a development rider
Haslam is good but I think he would be better suited,to Honda Britain with occasional wildcards
Wsbk needs some new Teams and new young riders bringing in

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

Vmax666 wrote:Honda must be looking for a development rider
My first thought too. He must bring knowledge from Kawasaki. With Bautista coming from Ducati, that looks to me to be an interesting amount of other team knowledge coming in.

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

I've heard that the 2020 Fireblade produces a claimed 217 ponies. I don't know if this indicates a highly tuned production motor or an excellent base to develop the superbike from
My signature isn't particularly interesting