Neck protection

Talk about the World Superbike series run by FGSport. Including World Superbikes, World Supersport, European Superstock, etc.
Grahama

Neck protection

Post by Grahama »

Hi. Can anyone tell me what that item is that Alex Lowes was wearing round his neck at Laguna Seca. It looks like some kind of wrap but I assume it’s some kind of protection. I think Laverton was wearing something similar too. Love to know if anyone knows. I want neck protector for road racing but Leatts are too restrictive

kenup283

Re: Neck protection

Post by kenup283 »

If what your describing is what I’m thinking about, ie, the wrap you see around their neck when sitting on the grid, then my take is they are just fancy freezer bags for keeping cool on the grid and not worn when riding.

But to your question of protection while not being overly restrictive. This is where Air Bags come into play. You didn’t say not expensive also :).

Of course A-star and D-air have the most out there, but Spidi also is getting into this but using a pull string to activate the suit they also sell one just for the neck area.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EXn-VGMO1wo

I’ve seen a guy with this tether type at track once, not sure about how often gets used, I’d guess most common is forgetting to disconnect before getting off the bike :)

Welcome to the forum

Grahama

Re: Neck protection

Post by Grahama »

Aha Thank you . Have been looking at a suit with airbag. does seem to be the way to go!

And thanks for the kind welcome

Graham