WSBK 2019

Talk about the World Superbike series run by FGSport. Including World Superbikes, World Supersport, European Superstock, etc.
Fingernails

Re: WSBK 2019

Post by Fingernails »

Another weekend like this one and Rea will be in the lead. At the beginning of the season it looked as if Bautista would utterly dominate. If I had to make a bet as to who will win the season now, I'd put my money on Rea.

I'm going to have to learn how to spell Razgatlioglu. Brilliant race and he kept Rea honest. I don't remember Sykes running Rea that close all that often last year.

Redglare

Post by Redglare »

Fingernails wrote:Another weekend like this one and Rea will be in the lead. At the beginning of the season it looked as if Bautista would utterly dominate. If I had to make a bet as to who will win the season now, I'd put my money on Rea.

I'm going to have to learn how to spell Razgatlioglu. Brilliant race and he kept Rea honest. I don't remember Sykes running Rea that close all that often last year.
It’s mad that it’s so close when Bautista has won 13 races and Rea only 4.

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

It’s more how much the gap is to third place over 140 points
Shows rea is still having a good year. Not quite as good as Bautista
Maybe all the win bonuses are effecting Bautista making him push more for the win

Good race today for first but a bit uneventful behind
Looking how the other Ducati’s have finished though shows how well Bautista has gelled with the bike. If they didn’t sign him it would have looked like the ducati was not that good

It is fast though

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

And the 136 point rider behind Rea is van der Mark who is injured, the next one back has half his points

In regards to Ducati vs Kawasaki, it seems that Kawasaki is a better bike to understand;
Ducati
1. Bautista 330
2. Davies 114
3. Rinaldi 77
Kawasaki
1. Rea 314
2. Haslam 153
3. Razgatlıoğlu 121

Looking at the results for the season, Bautista has beaten Rea for the first 4 rounds and Rea beaten Bautista for the most recent 3 rounds.
My signature isn't particularly interesting

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

Wonder if Kawasaki are due a rev cut then?

kenup283

Post by kenup283 »

This is the May24 rules update, I didnt see any press realeases between then and now so this should be where they are at currently.

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

Fingernails wrote:Another weekend like this one and Rea will be in the lead. At the beginning of the season it looked as if Bautista would utterly dominate. If I had to make a bet as to who will win the season now, I'd put my money on Rea.

To be fair to Sykes he had much bigger issues away from the track with his personal life than racing motorbikes over the last couple of years so you can't discount the effect that can have on a riders mentality.

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

Peter Hickman is standing in for Markus Reiterberger at Donington Park this weekend, already in the top 10 in FP1, not bad for a first outing on world spec bike at short notice. 8-)

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

Hickman 4th in superpole, is there nothing this guy will turn his hand to and not be good at?

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

The gap from first to third in the championship is getting ridiculous
Great to see the turnaround at the top but dorna need a shakeup of the championship
I can’t help but look to bsb with no rider aids to see what is the better championship for spectators to watch
I did find it funny today though after listening to the sbk bmw team saying they were running standard engines and for hicky to be asked what he thought of the sbk bmw compared to his regular bike and said it way way more powerful
Hopefully it will be dry tomorrow and a bit more closer racing

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

Vmax666 wrote:The gap from first to third in the championship is getting ridiculous
Great to see the turnaround at the top but dorna need a shakeup of the championship
I can’t help but look to bsb with no rider aids to see what is the better championship for spectators to watch
I did find it funny today though after listening to the sbk bmw team saying they were running standard engines and for hicky to be asked what he thought of the sbk bmw compared to his regular bike and said it way way more powerful
Hopefully it will be dry tomorrow and a bit more closer racing
There is some sort of issue in getting the BSB spec ECU to work with the new BMW's shiftcam system so they aren't getting the full potential out of the engine whereas the World SBK electronics maybe working better with it so it feels more powerful.

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

Enjoyed the racing today was hoping for Bautista to push at the front and have a good scrap with rea
But even so good to watch

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

Vmax666 wrote:Enjoyed the racing today was hoping for Bautista to push at the front and have a good scrap with rea
But even so good to watch
It's only Razgatlioglu keeping Rea honest at the moment. He's only 22, so should have the capacity to develop as a rider even further. He's had four podiums from the last seven races run.

Whatever the reason, it looks as if Bautista simply didn't have the pace to challenge Rea. Going for a podium and not risking a 'win it or bin it' race may be sensible if he can come back from his present slump.

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

What we have seen is consistency from Bautista and Rea in the first so many races and consistency from Rea in the subsequent races

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

So Honda sucks at WSBK but continues to be strong in lead up to the Suzuka 8 hour https://www.mcnews.com.au/2019-suzuka-8 ... st-july12/

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

Unbelieveable
But still a long season to go

Redglare

Post by Redglare »

Bautista down again in the sprint race.

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

I can’t think what has gone wrong at ducati. From 61 points up to 61 points down
From dominating 13 races on the trott to struggling to finish a race
What have they changed
Surely 250rpm can’t be that big a change
OR has the spec of the tyres changed
Just watching Bautista he doesn’t look as quick in the corners like he did when winning

Redglare

Post by Redglare »

Vmax666 wrote:I can’t think what has gone wrong at ducati. From 61 points up to 61 points down
From dominating 13 races on the trott to struggling to finish a race
What have they changed
Surely 250rpm can’t be that big a change
OR has the spec of the tyres changed
Just watching Bautista he doesn’t look as quick in the corners like he did when winning
I was sure Bautista had the title sewn up and now I can’t see any way how he can get near Rea with the points advantage he now has. Unbelievable turnaround, and most of it has been from Bautista throwing it away (along with Rea being incredibly consistent of course).

herbs

Post by herbs »

Bautista was a crasher in his MotoGP years. Are we shocked that he's showing that form again?

Apical

Post by Apical »

No, not surprised. Although the contrast between the early part of this season and the season since Imola has been extreme.

Disappointed with regards to Alvaro Bautista & Ducati.

Pleased that Chaz Davies has been able to get his head around the V4R. Great to see "too tall" Chaz winning again. I was lucky enough to see Chaz in the MotoGp paddock on the Friday in Catalunya. Wonder if he's looking for a ride in MotoGp, doubt it.
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

Hopefully Bautista can get back to winning ways over the last 4 rounds and keep rea honest
However the gap to third is massive so shows just how much better the top 2 are
And rea says the only rounds he is concerned the ducati will be better is the last 2

I have no doubt rea will crash from at least one race but on current form so will the ducati

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

Still a lot of points up for grabs but this season so far has reminded me of the old kids story about the Tortoise and the Hare.

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

Bautista has to go for wins now
It’ll be interesting to see it rea settles for not winning now or risk pushing to beat Bautista
In a interview on Eurosport Bautista hinted the crashes were due to not pushing so may revert to just going flat out
But that was before the first race at Laguna

I wonder if the poor results will mean the revs coming back to them

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

I can't see them getting the 250rpm back, the bike is still winning. What was the cause of Bautista's retirement? Edit: injured left shoulder

I'm wondering about Razgatlioglu, he's working his way to a fat contract especially this weekend