WSBK 2019

Talk about the World Superbike series run by FGSport. Including World Superbikes, World Supersport, European Superstock, etc.
Schwantz34

Re: WSBK 2019

Post by Schwantz34 »

Mikesbytes wrote:
Schwantz34 wrote:I believe it all stemmed from Toprak not being given one stint at the Suzuka 8 hrs when he teamed up with Rea and Haslam
That's what I read. Could also be that he is now in a bigger team - more chance of podiums

How do you think Lowes will go on the Kawasaki next to Rea?
Aside from Toprak, van der Mark or Bautista the only one to challenge Rea could be Lowes ( aside from any other Moto GP reject). Although I think he'll be a far stronger teamate than Sykes or Haslam I can't see him challenging Johnny over a season. Fingers x'd he can though, a season of Magny Cours type races would be just what the doctor ordered for WSB

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

It would be a good move for lowes but as you said I also don’t think he’ll take it to rea every race
I do see issues with redding.
When in moto2 he did good on a bike with no electronics
In MotoGP he struggled on a bike with electronics
In bsb he is doing good again on a bike with no electronics
So will Scott be able to consistently set up a wsbk with full electronics and run at the front every race

zelot

Post by zelot »

I think Toprak is at another level compared to Lowes. Still really young. A beautiful riding style. Sliding and drifting that Kawasaki in total control. Looked so comfortable riding it. I think being in the Yamaha factory team, with the testing and parts that they will have access to will benefit him hugely.

Lowes has always been frustrating. Shows signs of great speed, but still chucks it up the road far too often for a top level factory rider.

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

zelot wrote:I think Toprak is at another level compared to Lowes. Still really young. A beautiful riding style. Sliding and drifting that Kawasaki in total control. Looked so comfortable riding it. I think being in the Yamaha factory team, with the testing and parts that they will have access to will benefit him hugely.
In two of the three races :D :D :D

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Fair amount of controversy in Argentina during the weekend, the track, the six " rebels" and to top it all sabotage in the Bardahl Yamaha supersport team. A decent first race was quite enjoyable but after that WSB was pretty dull, the sprint race and race 2 were devoid of excitement. The commentators on British Eurosport were wondering why attendance was down from 80000 last year to 50000. Aside from the novelty of a first event the norm for WSB is poor spread out racing I'm afraid :(

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

Razgatlioglu's 3 3rd places on the weekend puts him only 6 points behind 3rd in the world championship and 42 points ahead of Haslam. This has to be the best result for Puccetti Racing ever
My signature isn't particularly interesting

Apical

Re: Leon Camier WSBK 2020

Post by Apical »

Does anyone know if it's correct regarding Leon Camier riding for Barni racing in WSBK 2020 on a Ducati V4R

I saw this link on the front page https://www.speedweek.com/sbk/news/1506 ... i-V4R.html

Hope your German is better than mine.

I have a lot of respect for Leon, I've seen him a bit over the years, not quite the Airwaves Ducati days.
L.C. has had 7 WSBK podiums over nine or ten seasons. Anyway I rate him as a very good superbike rider. Would love to see him do well.

Barni have experience, seem to be a good independent team. Fingers crossed.
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

Auto translate is not perfect but it seems to say what you said - privateer Ducati for 2020. https://translate.google.com/translate? ... i-V4R.html
My signature isn't particularly interesting

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

Will privateer machines being in the mix be an advantage or disadvantage for Ducati? E.g. do they receive input/feedback from more teams/engineers/riders, and how would this be balanced against spreading resources thinner (if that happens) etc?

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

I was at Brands Hatch for the BSB finale and they were certainly talking over the public tannoy about Camier having the Barni deal sorted. He used to be rated very highly in the UK, came through the ranks here at the same time as Crutchlow, Sykes, Rea and I heard many times people saying that Camier was the most talented of the lot. Obviously the others have gone on to achieve world championships but I honestly think Leon's had a load of bad luck

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

Camier deserves another shot
Talented rider who seems to get the best of poor bikes
But always seems to be injured every year
Maybe he tries to hard

I am disappointed Honda didn’t give him a chance on the new bike especially after riding a dog the last 2 years when he expected changes but none arrived