Ducati V4

Talk about the World Superbike series run by FGSport. Including World Superbikes, World Supersport, European Superstock, etc.

Re: Ducati V4

Postby Rick650 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:44 am

Great top end, Davies says solid under brakes, Bautista only 0.3 off Rae.
If the Panigale V4R can work over race distance I see many wins in its future.
Rick650

Postby Mikesbytes on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:43 pm

DucV4/Bautista is looking like it has the potential to challenge Kawa/Rea

The facts;
1. only 0.3 from Rea on the first time on the bike
2. faster than team mate who is a dam good rider and is familiar with the tyres

Other stuff;
1. compared with the MotoGP bike the DucV4 is gutless, so Bautista is able to ride around this limitation on his first outing
2. competitors are quoting that the DucV4 is 10kph faster. What hasn't been stated is whether this 10kph as at the cost of something else
3. the track is a disaster with puddles on racing lines and surface breaking up. So not 100% a reflection of typical racing conditions

Prediction (based on almost no real info :) )
2019 - Bautista for race wins
2020 - Bautista to fight for the world championship
My signature isn't particularly interesting
Mikesbytes

Postby WorldSBK on Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:40 pm

Mikesbytes wrote:DucV4/Bautista is looking like it has the potential to challenge Kawa/Rea

Prediction (based on almost no real info :) )
2019 - Bautista for race wins
2020 - Bautista to fight for the world championship

What do you think about Chaz Davies ?
He fought well in 2018. Will he be able to fight for the championship ?

Postby Mikesbytes on Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:25 am

It wouldn't surprise me that it was a Rea/Davies/Bautista fight for 2020

If we could accurately predict then there would be no point watching/following the championship

Day 2 of the test has Rea killing it and has brought Lowes into play but 0.6 behind. Haslam, Bautista, Davies, Van der Mark are the best of the rest and even Melandri is only 0.2 behind that group
Mikesbytes

Postby Mikesbytes on Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:28 am

Foggy drumming up Bautista as being a challenger to Rea. Also states that the V2 was good enough to win the world championship for the last 3 years but didn't have good enough riders and therefor indirectly bags Davies, ie they are bagging their own current rider

https://www.motorsport.com/wsbk/news/bautista-can-beat-rea-fogarty/4314677/
Mikesbytes

Postby Mikesbytes on Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:39 am

Supercharged Kawasaki vs Ducati MotoGP. http://www.mcnews.com.au/kawasaki-h2r-vs-motogp-bike/

Shows how far the MotoGP version of the Ducati is in front of a street bike if even supercharging can't bridge the gap

Of course its not a MotoGP bike that Ducati is racing in WSBK 19
Mikesbytes

Postby Tourn46 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:57 pm

Mikesbytes wrote:Of course its not a MotoGP bike that Ducati is racing in WSBK 19

Kawasaki aren't racing a H2R either :P
Tourn46

Postby bikermike on Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:06 am

It would explain a lot if they were! :shock:

What amazed me about that test was the sheer amount of power the MotoGP bike is putting down. I would have expected it to leave an H2 behind in on a circuit - when stopping and turning are as important, but to whoop it in a straight line is quite something.

Is it racing season yet?

I think Kawa will still shade it this season

1) a brand new bike usually needs a shakedown
2) Kawa have a very settled team with a clear #1 rider. Ducati have just changed that too - will they fight each other not the Kawa

I'll be interested to see where D'alligna (sp?)'s attention lies this year. If they don't do so well in the early part of MotoGP season, you can see them focussing more on the WSBK
bikermike

Postby kenup283 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:27 am

Intresting articles but their estimates on the H2 are off... quicker 1/4 miles times are possible than they predict from the stock bike. Bolt on a swingarm (slightly longer) and the H2 takes half a second off what they predict for the GP bike with the stock motor on pump gas.

Only saying it's also about assumption of centers of gravity. This can be seen in the straight line portion of the graphs where the speed is increasing linearly. This constant rate of acceleration is a wheelie limit based soley on the bikes geormerty not HP. There they doc the H2 to less than 1 g based on the graph they show, which assumes the designers of the H2 made its weight balance to the detriment of its accelartion, more so than other bikes on the market, which seems contrary to the bikes premiss.

As for Ducati in WSBK, the new bike is not really so new. This time a year ago we were reading about Casey Stoner putting it thru its paces, a task that later in the year we saw Pirro and GP test team take up thereafter. Gigi has remarked that part of plan is to align the platforms and increase similarities betwn SBK and GP programs so more staff can work back and forth. So I agree with your thoughts that we are likely to see more effort from what we know as the factory there, there has already.
kenup283

Previous

Return to World Superbikes And Supersport