Fenati for Moto3 in 2019

Debate and discussion about the feeder classes of MotoGP, including the fabulous 250s, the thrilling 125s, and the madness that is the Red Bull Rookies
Mikesbytes

Fenati for Moto3 in 2019

Post by Mikesbytes »

I feel sorry for the rider who is going to loose his ride

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/91023 ... to3-return
My signature isn't particularly interesting

Tourn46

Re: Fenati for Moto3 in 2019

Post by Tourn46 »

I honestly don't know either way what is right in regards to Fenati.

However, there was always going to be a team willing to pick up a multiple race winner... I am surprised it's the team which sacked him though.

Japhrodisiac

Post by Japhrodisiac »

Tourn46 wrote:I honestly don't know either way what is right in regards to Fenati.

However, there was always going to be a team willing to pick up a multiple race winner... I am surprised it's the team which sacked him though.
Astonishing, isn't it? He's hardly the only rider out there. After the VR46 sacking I would have thought he might have learned something, but no, then the incident this year, and finally back to Moto3, again. Are we not just going in circles here? He better bloody win the title and shower everyone around him with flowers and praise...

herbs

Post by herbs »

Rossi was one of the guys who didn't really like the witch hunt for fenati, so they do seem rather forgiving.

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

I'm now wondering if the team sacked him as they knew he was going to loose his license for the rest of the season so decided to make themselves look like the good guys when they knew they had lost him anyway

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

Apparently Fenati received death threats for squeezing that brake leaver. Yes he was an idiot but the death penalty for idiot-ism?

https://www.gazzetta.it/Moto/11-02-2019 ... resh_ce-cp

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

So Fenati came up the field from 2.5 seconds down on the first lap to be leading the race then swaddling over it with a couple of other riders. He gets a warning on his dashboard and mistakes it for a penalty and takes the penalty route. Next lap he pulls it back to 0.8 off the leader but doesn't get back.

Fenati you stuffed up. Is that poetic justice?

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

Mikesbytes wrote: Fenati you stuffed up. Is that poetic justice?
What he did was unforgivable, however, he is a human being... he made a mistake and has paid for it, his name is mud, he was ejected from the championship. I believe he's been receiving professional help (from what I've heard/read) and he has apparently cut a different figure in the paddock (so far).

Personally, I'm willing to give him another chance, he's obviously well aware of his behaviour (perhaps too aware, hence why he took the penalty lane when he didn't need to)... I'm not defending what he did, but he's a talented guy, I hope things work out this time for him.

I would urge everyone to let what happened go and try to enjoy a very good rider... but I do understand if you feel differently to me about it.