Danny Kent

Debate and discussion about the feeder classes of MotoGP, including the fabulous 250s, the thrilling 125s, and the madness that is the Red Bull Rookies
bikermike

Danny Kent

Post by bikermike »

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/90619 ... speed-seat

Crash.net reporting rumours of his replacement.
Can't say I'm hugely surprised, he's been pretty anonymous since his Moto3 title...

herbs

Re: Danny Kent

Post by herbs »

He almost choked the championship away in 2015 as well.

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

Just seen on tv he may be headed to BSB for the final race
I hope he does well as he Is a very good rider who needs to find his way again

yamfan

Post by yamfan »

He apparently has a test scheduled for the Halsall Racing Team, with a hopeful view to riding full time in 2019.

Apical

Post by Apical »

Another change of direction for D.K.
This time he is off to BSB.
From memory Kent was at Phillip island racing in WSS. At least his name was in the program, I don't remember Danny Kent actually doing much.
Checked D.K. qualified 14th.
https://motomatters.com/results/2020/02 ... sport.html

Finished 12th. Whoopee!
https://motomatters.com/results/2020/03 ... sport.html

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/br ... ea-suzuki/

Another Anthony Gobert?
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Hopefully not a Gobert, he certainly rode in British Supertstock at the end of last year and got fairly strong as he went. I think he can do well but not so sure if the Suzuki can truly be a title contender.

He's on a last chance now, 27 and not a daft boy anymore. I wish him well

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he got enticed to do the TT in the near future, seems to happen to a lot of talented short circuit riders who lose their way on the shorts in order to boost their profile and if you're good at it you can make a decent living from it too.

bikermike

Post by bikermike »

Hmmmm, I hope not.
Karl Harris rings through the mind

Anyone doing the TT with something to prove is a risk.
(From memory, Guy got booted out of ACU land, and did a lot of road-racing in Ireland under MCUI auspices

Also, Danny had a season where everything clicked, and cleaned up, and then struggled when it wasn't going well.

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

I digress from the topic here but did either of you see the TT video Peter Hickman put on his twitter feed the other day? :shock:

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

bikermike wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:33 pm
Hmmmm, I hope not.

Anyone doing the TT with something to prove is a risk.
(From memory, Guy got booted out of ACU land, and did a lot of road-racing in Ireland under MCUI auspices

Also, Danny had a season where everything clicked, and cleaned up, and then struggled when it wasn't going well.
My thoughts too, but some riders have used the roads to boost their profile when things have gone a bit awry on the circuits, Peter Hickman did it, he said in an interview the only reason he did the TT was because he'd lost his BSB ride and wanted to keep racing. Danny Webb did it for a few years too before going into World Supersport. I always feared for Karl Harris though when I found out he was going to do it, very talented rider but know for some horrific accidents on the circuits.

Hopefully Danny Kent can make the most of this new opportunity in BSB and use it as a springboard to a World Superbike ride, sadly I think his chances of reaching MotoGP are very slim at best, he's already developed a bit of a reputation as hard to manage and I don't think he'll have too many people ringing him if this opportunity goes sour as well. Good luck to him though because he is a talented lad, world titles don't just land in your lap after all.
Last edited by AntG23985 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

Schwantz34 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:31 pm
I digress from the topic here but did either of you see the TT video Peter Hickman put on his twitter feed the other day? :shock:
The 170mph flyby? :lol:

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

That's the one :D

bikermike

Post by bikermike »

Any chance of a link?
I really like Hicky. I saw his first BSB win at Cadders in the rain from the comfort of the beertent at the manx (in the rain).

I do think he is a proper road-racer who just didn't know it, but yes, I take your point there have been good crossovers, but rarely from the very pointy end. (Although I do live in hope of a Hicky grandslam)

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

Mike, turn your volume up and don't blink :D

https://twitter.com/peterhickman60/stat ... 92288?s=20

SP_won

Post by SP_won »

Whoaaa!! Thank you very much for that. I can’t get the stupid grin off my face.
I’m not into the whole “bucket list” thing but hearing that makes me think I now have a list of one item. :D

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

You're very welcome, do they do any road racing in Australia?

I know that Peter Hickman in that video ( briefly!!) raced in New Zealand a couple of years ago, including at the Cemetery Circuit which I think might be public roads

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

Schwantz34 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:20 am
You're very welcome, do they do any road racing in Australia?

I know that Peter Hickman in that video ( briefly!!) raced in New Zealand a couple of years ago, including at the Cemetery Circuit which I think might be public roads
Yeah he won the final race of the weekend at the Cemetry Circuit, it is public roads but it's tiny for a road race, lap record is something like 49 seconds.

You get quite a few TT regulars going over for it, Lee Johnston, Michael Dunlop and Horst Saiger have done it in recent years, Tim Reeves and John Holden have done it too on the chairs.

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

My signature isn't particularly interesting

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

:x folk standing right on the pavement

bikermike

Post by bikermike »

Schwantz34 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:38 am
Mike, turn your volume up and don't blink :D

https://twitter.com/peterhickman60/stat ... 92288?s=20
heheheh!
(tbh, the only thing about going regularly is that it does re-write your definition of normal...)

MiniNinjaMk5

Post by MiniNinjaMk5 »

Danny got a good chance to reinvigorate his career this year, will be interesting to see how he goes.

Still got my 'Danny for WC' t-shirt from Valencia 2015 where a group of mates and I were lucky enough to see that in person.
bikermike wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:33 pm
Hmmmm, I hope not.
Yes quite..