Moto2 Triumph motor

Debate and discussion about the feeder classes of MotoGP, including the fabulous 250s, the thrilling 125s, and the madness that is the Red Bull Rookies
inkeyjohn

Moto2 Triumph motor

Post by inkeyjohn »

If a manufacturer such as MV, for one possible example, have to use a spec Triumph Motor in Moto2, what does that do for marketing their brand? Just curious.

JanBros

Re: Moto2 Triumph motor

Post by JanBros »

KTM doesn't seem to be bothered about the current Honda engine, so ???

Basil would say "Don't mention the war" :mrgreen:
Bi-stroker Parallelus Bi-cylindricus

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

I very rarely hear the name 'Honda' said during Moto2 races/coverage/discussion. It's always the chassis supplier that is mentioned as the engines are all the same.

They also get to advertise the constructor's brand on the bike, and can leave the word 'Honda' off.

As JanBros says, it doesn't seem to cause issues.

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

Aprilla sold a lot of 250cc 2 stroke road bikes that used Suzuki engines. There was a little bit of customisation but it was still a Suzuki engine. While I'm not anticipating anyone selling a road bike with a Triumph engine, never say never
My signature isn't particularly interesting

bikermike

Post by bikermike »

Norton run a bike at the TT with an Aprillia engine in it, so it's one-all in Italo-British engine-sharing

Plenty of bikes have Rotax engines in them, Aprillia had all the RS bikes with (Suzuki (RG) engines in them), and the Raptors that had Suzuki engines in them.

I'm not sure if Bimota helps or hinders the point...