What Fate Fenati the Rossi Reject?

Debate and discussion about the feeder classes of MotoGP, including the fabulous 250s, the thrilling 125s, and the madness that is the Red Bull Rookies
E-racer

What Fate Fenati the Rossi Reject?

Post by E-racer »

What kind of heinous act would a rider have to commit to be fired from his race team while being top contender to the championship title...well into the season? No one who knows is revealing specifics. Being disrespectful of a team member is all the details released to us unwashed types.

What would be the odds of this individual getting another seat this year; especially a ride with any competitive potential.

4th at the Sepang test aint such a bad result. Marinelli Rivacold Sniper team will be fun to watch this season.
a duck is just a fowl but a DUC is often afoul of the law.

Kropotkin
Site Admin

Re: What Fate Fenati the Rossi Reject?

Post by Kropotkin »

I am keeping a close eye on Fenati. His talent was never in question, it was always his attitude and approach. We have to see how much that has changed.
--
http://www.motomatters.com/ - MotoGP News, Analysis and Race Reports

AJracing

Post by AJracing »

Kropotkin wrote:I am keeping a close eye on Fenati. His talent was never in question, it was always his attitude and approach. We have to see how much that has changed.
Please do keep us posted on his attitude adjustments because yes, talent was never in question. He is one of the lively characters on the GP tour.

kenup283

Post by kenup283 »

Not a fan of any of what you see here but the kill switch at the end is classic..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x7fep8y0X2w

E-racer

Post by E-racer »

kenup283 wrote:Not a fan of any of what you see here but the kill switch at the end is classic..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x7fep8y0X2w
chuckle worthy.

Fenati has a personality better suited to pro wrestling but genuine riding talent.

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

I would of fired Fenati too. Hopefully he has learned

Its brought to mind Cappa and Harada in the 250's days, that last lap overtake, or should I say T-bone. Next year Cappa had moved from Aprilla to Honda. Did that overtake have anything to do with the move or had the contracts already been signed?
My signature isn't particularly interesting

MiniNinjaMk5

Post by MiniNinjaMk5 »

From memory Capirossi was let go. A rumour I read at the time (unsubstantiated) was that he had then brought legal charges against Aprillia for 'wrongful dismissal', after his overtake on Harada and championship had been determined to be legal.

Makes your blood boil if true!

I hope Fenati continues to ride well, as he is an undoubted talent (definitely a ring of Melandri about him) and the sport, as a form of entertainment, needs its characters. But the team absolutely had to sack him, no question.

E-racer

Post by E-racer »

I might have felt the need to break out my old beta vcr and rewatch that slap and tickle stuff Harada and Capirossi had going on back in those days...but Fenati's re-enactment is captured in higher resolution and is less trouble to view.

Low rez vintage Italian passin' featuring rossi and cappirossi; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klUqH5DDYWE