Laglisse team to go down due to financial problems

Debate and discussion about the feeder classes of MotoGP, including the fabulous 250s, the thrilling 125s, and the madness that is the Red Bull Rookies
eikka99

Laglisse team to go down due to financial problems

Post by eikka99 »

Even there's no Moto3 mentioned in description I assume this group is right for this discussion.

Aight, so Laglisse team in financial problems.

http://www.gpone.com/2016020819404/Herr ... ponedotcom

Maria Herrera and Lorenzo Dalla Porta possibly out of Moto3. Nothing new.

What really grinds my gears is that we lose yet another female face from world class motorcycle racing. Was she a top talent? Not really, more likely Tito Rabat kind of hard worker. Anyways one more example for patriarchals.

That being said we probably end up to discussion why aren't women physically fit for a MotoGP bike, but it still does not explain why we see so little amount of women in motorcycle racing as there is Moto3 with light bikes, easy manouverability and relatively equally competent bikes.

smAshmoto

Re: Laglisse team to go down due to financial problems

Post by smAshmoto »

eikka99 wrote:Even there's no Moto3 mentioned in description I assume this group is right for this discussion.

Aight, so Laglisse team in financial problems.

http://www.gpone.com/2016020819404/Herr ... ponedotcom

Maria Herrera and Lorenzo Dalla Porta possibly out of Moto3. Nothing new.

What really grinds my gears is that we lose yet another female face from world class motorcycle racing. Was she a top talent? Not really, more likely Tito Rabat kind of hard worker. Anyways one more example for patriarchals.

That being said we probably end up to discussion why aren't women physically fit for a MotoGP bike, but it still does not explain why we see so little amount of women in motorcycle racing as there is Moto3 with light bikes, easy manouverability and relatively equally competent bikes.
That's a shame if Maria is out, always loved her racing style and she was tough as nails too.
"Troubled childhood? If you call being a 9 year old kid with a 35 year old girlfriend troubled."

-Chaz Michael Michaels, ice devouring sex tornado

Fingernails

Re: Laglisse team to go down due to financial problems

Post by Fingernails »

I'm also very sorry to hear this. I don't like hearing of any team going down. But, there are so few women riders that I'm even more sorry than I would be normally if Maria Herrera loses her ride. I hope another team picks her up, but it is not long before the start of the season.

OT for this thread, but I've been reading about Georgina Polden today. She's doing OK in British Motostar. I hope she can step it up this year so that perhaps she could progress to international Moto3 in the near future.