Moto2 Le Mans *Spoilers*

Debate and discussion about the feeder classes of MotoGP, including the fabulous 250s, the thrilling 125s, and the madness that is the Red Bull Rookies
OZintheDesert

Moto2 Le Mans *Spoilers*

Post by OZintheDesert »

Man that was a crazy race.

What is the go with Iannone running on at the chicane twice in a row and getting a faster lap time than the guys in front of him? I know in F1 he would get a 10 second penalty for each of those two laps.

Are there any rule issues here?

Man that was a good race as was Moto3
I love riding. But not in Libya.

Cam D

Re: Moto2 Le Mans *Spoilers*

Post by Cam D »

Backing it in in the wet :shock: Brave boys. So much skill, Luthi really earned that one.

Yeah that was pretty dodgy by Iannone, not sure that he should have kept his position. Smith needs to get some better results if he wants to keep a ride in MotoGP. I reckon Herve would be reading through the contract again.
Yamaha... Japanese for "Two dog's - One steak"- Japh the wise.

OZintheDesert

Post by OZintheDesert »

Yeah, I kinda agree, But I wonder if that Tech 3 bike is not all it seems. They seem, like Moriwaki and FTR, to have gone backwards this year in Moto2.

I think Bradley is working with what he has so far. But You're right it will come down to what he produces in writing on the score board
I love riding. But not in Libya.

MiniNinjaMk5

Post by MiniNinjaMk5 »

That was an awesome race! Not sure if mattered that much with Iannone, no doubt if he had gained a position from it, the other team involved would have complained and there would have been a penalty. Any idea what Iannone looked so pissed about after the race though?

Smith binning it on the final corner was a big disappointment. I hope it was just a result of the rain, rather than trying to catch Kallio who was probably the best part of a second in front.

Faster1

Post by Faster1 »

Cam D wrote:Backing it in in the wet :shock: Brave boys. So much skill, Luthi really earned that one.
+1 !! absolutely some of the slickest riding I've seen.. you have to wonder how much of those back-in turns were planned and how much was short-soiling "please god, if I make this turn, i'll never ask for anything again".. :lol: zero room for error !

2 cents brought to you by the letter "Q"

Lifelong Yamaha Racing fan, but currently riding a Duc,,,, don't tell anyone 8-)

let's talk WSBK

yzr750

Post by yzr750 »

I always thought that the backing in we see in moto2 was due to the control slipper clutch being crap?

Japhrodisiac

Post by Japhrodisiac »

yzr750 wrote:I always thought that the backing in we see in moto2 was due to the control slipper clutch being crap?
I think that's a lot of it - the slipper clutch having limited slip